Saturday, June 13, 2009

365 Cards - Sing Along Saturday

It's Day 105 at 365 Cards. How did that happen?! The challenge for today is to take inspiration from the song "Rainbow Connection." (Visit the blog to listen!)

I had to think a bit for this one...I knew I did not have any rainbow stamps or papers, and the rainbow colors are not my style...then I remembered some old Close to My Heart stamps in my stash, and ta-da! I had a card!

I colored Mr. Noah with Stampin' Up markers. Side note: I've had these markers for YEARS and they are still perfect! I have not really used them much in the past few years, until I joined the 365 Cards DT! Now I find I'm bringing them out all the time. In fact, I just ordered a few of the newer colors that did not come with my old set! I simply cannot afford Copic markers right now, so I've decided to fall in love with the markers I have.


The cardstock is Bazzill, what else. The paper is Daisy D's. I love this company and was very sad to hear they were going out of business! I'm super glad I have a big hoard of it!

The little stamp is also Close to My Heart from one of their old mini sets. I punched the tags with SU punches.

Here is a side view. The message on the inside is also a CTMH stamp. It matches my Noah card perfectly!

So there is my rainbow inspired card! If you noticed, I made a card for EVERY day again this week. I am a DT overachiever. I'm just trying to stay on Pam's good side, so that I can cheat on the challenges!

Today is also reveal day for Triple the Sketch, so see my post here about that card.

8 comments:

  1. Great, colorful card Gloria! I love the sentiment and the image is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card. Love the coloring. I am loving the stamps I have too. Copics are too expensive for me right now too. Maybe soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I need that stamp to go with my card for today!! Cheater NOT you LOL thanks for the tip about the markers as i cant aford copic either. oh guess i should comment on the card LOL very bright and love the saying inside :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gloria - Great job on the card for today. I know what you mean about using the markers we have. I own most of the Tombow markers, I have 3 Copics (slowly will buy them) and I pulled out my Crayola colored pencils to color the other day. Use what you have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gloria, Great card and congrats on completing them each day this week lol. There are not many of us that can afford the Copic markers Gloria, I use my Stampin' Up! ones and they are good enough for me, when I decide to colour that is hehehe. I have left something for you over on my blog btw.
    Hugs
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the noah stamp. SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love it!! And nice to know you didn't cheat on this one! LOL And you are definitely at DT over-achiever!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card for todays Rainbow challenge. This was a hard one for me today. I've been so out of the card makin' mood lately.

    hugs, Karen Lee

    ReplyDelete