Friday, July 10, 2009

Let's Do Some Challenges!

Before I show my card for today (and yes I already posted once today, but when I get up early...who knows what can happen)...drum roll please....the winner of my blog candy is....

Jessica (Bits and Pieces)

Congrats Jessica, and please contact me with your addy so I can mail out your prize. I know you are in Australia, so I want to get it mailed off soon! I am sorry for those who did not win, but...who knows...there may be more blog candy coming...

Now for my card. This card was created for my CropStop CT, but I did it with other challenges in mind. I'm getting as tricky as Vickilyn....well, almost...

My job for the CropStop CT is to use embossing folders on a project each week. This week I used the Cuttlebug Number Collage folder. My other supplies:

Paper - Close to My Heart, Bazzill, Bazzill Bling, Staples (white cardstock) (notice....NO printed paper!)
Stamp - Stampendous - I just purchased this set at Michael's yesterday! It's fab!
Ink - Staz-On Jet Black, Quick Quotes Powder Puff pink cheeks
Sticker - K&Company, layered and glittered! This was a new purchase too!
Glitter pen - Gelly Roll
CropStop store - flower, ribbon, dew drops
Distressing tool - CTMH

It's hard to see all the glitter, but it's there! I want you to also note that I used YELLOW, which is a color I rarely use. That was inspired by the 365 Cards Day 132 challenge. And the little hat has some pale yellow dots, which sort of look white in the photo.

Now, for the challenges I covered:

365 Cards - Day 132 Picture This - you are to use the provided photo of a birthday cake for inspiration

Pile it On - Make it Different - you are to use three different embellishments (I used four: ribbon, flower, dew drop, layered sticker)

CropStop - July Card Sketch - I've already used this sketch once, but this time I turned it upside down and made a regular card size rather than a tall card

Stamp Simply- #95 Let the Sparks Fly - you are to use Glitter and Sparkle - well, the hat has glitter all over it, I traced the words with a glitter pen, used bling paper, and the ribbon is sparkly too! That's a lot of glitter for me!

Crafty Creations - #22 Celebrations - this was actually last Friday's challenge, but if I didn't cheat a little bit, you'd stop reading the blog! My card is a birthday card, so that's a celebration.

If you are looking for the Friday Triple the Sketch #64 reveal, click here. Ok, that's all until tomorrow!

12 comments:

  1. WOW - have you packed in the challenges on this fun card -- I love it!!! Cute, cute card!!! And BRAVO for you being able to keep a handle on so many blog/challenges -- LOL! I LOVE your blob banner - I have hundreds of old keys like that! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, so many typos - I'm sorry -- I really DO know how to spell -- LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:35 PM

    I have been looking for some really neat ideas for the embossing folders!! Oh, I read your post about someone using your design. I finally had to get everything copywritten because more than once, I found my exact same design on other people's sites. It was frustrating to me BIG time. There is another girl that visits my blog regularly that has lifted the exact layout, and THEN submitted it for a DT. Grrr.... I feel the same way ;D Take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I've only just completed my first challenge, and I can't even begin to 'think' about doing more than one at a time on a single card. That's crazy! LOL It turned out great, though...

    As an aside... what does DT stand for? (Yeah, I'm a newbie) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1st Congratulations to Jessica - enjoy your candy.
    What a fun Birthday card and so many challenges completed with one card - way to go.
    Hugs
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card! Love the colors and especially that little hat sticker! Great job combining all the challenges and thanks for playing along with us at Pile It On!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:17 PM

    omg... gloria... you are telling me that awesome sentiment is a stamp!!!! OMG... and that I can get it w/ a coupon... woohooo!!!

    a bit more formal now...

    THanks for Playing with us @ Pile It On!

    -- dalis

    ReplyDelete
  8. whatta fun card Gloria...lovin' that party hat!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is one very fun card, Gloria! love the distressed pink brazzill panel...and your ef. Way to go on the multiples...that is not easy for sure

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is fantastic! I have that stamp and haven't used it yet, but you may have inspired me to break it out. Wonderful job on the challenges and the distressing looks great! Thanks for joining us this week :D
    - Ann @ Pile It On

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1. I think you should stop "insulting" me on your blog.

    2. I really do like the card (and the yellow).

    3. I wouldn't stop reading your blog - it's probably an MOSD requirement, although I didn't see it in the paperwork....


    And now for the official stuff...

    Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On! this week! Can't wait to see what you create for us in the future!

    ~Vicki
    PIO Owner

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card! I love the distressing and embossed background! Thanks for playing and hope to see you again next week. Hugs Rowena-PIO dt

    ReplyDelete