Sunday, July 05, 2009

Sketchy Sunday - July 5th

It's time for another sketch at 365 Cards. Sketch day is the one day of the week that all the DT must play along. I love to see what we each do with the sketch! This is my take:

This was a pretty easy sketch...for a change! Pam must have dozed off for a second! I used some paper that I was not at all thrilled with. It's Pink Paislee - Fetching. I got it in an Apron Strings Designs kit...but have to say it's not my favorite. It does remind me a lot of some lines of Basic Grey, but...the patterns were just not me. But, when you use it for cards, it works pretty well.

I used some ribbon from my stash and a Making Memories buckle.


The congrats stamp is Stampin' Up. I almost never stamp directly on my project. I can never get it straight, or I mess up in some way. But this time, it worked out ok.

8 comments:

  1. gloria, I actually love that pink paislee paper...you've done a spectacular job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gloria, don't know why you don't like the paper. I actually like it as it does remind me of BG papers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the card! Great use if patterns. Oh, and I love your "About Me" paragraph!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card. The papers look great. And you lined up the congrats perfect. I usually get crooked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:22 PM

    What an awesome card! Love that paper:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really LOVE that circle paper! Lovely buckle too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this card has a bit of a Van Gogh feel to it!

    Love it! :D

    ReplyDelete