Saturday, October 31, 2009

365 Cards Blog Hop! LAST DAY!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Welcome to the seventh and final day of the 365 Cards Blog Hop! Pam and the DT are hosting a Hop all week long! For your fist stop, visit the 365 Cards Blog, read the directions on the Sketchy Sunday post, then start the Hop! For my Day 1 Post, click HERE. If you get lost during the Hop, the 365 Cards Blog has all the DT blog links in the sidebar. The official Hop is on Sunday (October 25th) but I will have goodies, challenges, and tidbits for you all week long, so make sure you keep checking back! To be entered to win the 365 Cards prizes, you must leave a comment on the 7 blogs in the Sunday Hop: Pam, Amy, Kristie, Sophie, Vicky, Tammy, and me.

The 365 Cards Challenge for Day 245 - It's a Matter of Inches. You guessed it! You are to use inchies on your card! Pam has a link on the 365 Cards Blog to help you see what inchies are. But HERE is another blog that has some great projects. This was another challenge that I just groaned when I read it. See, back in the day "deco squares" were all the rage in stamping circles. I still have tons of them. They do not make me all warm and fuzzy and I did not get inspired by them. So...I knew I wanted something else. This is what I cam up with.

This is totally not something I'd normally do - but I always say that and if you look at my body of work, it's all over the map! But I love how this turned out! And it's all new stuff - no old "hoard" used for this card.

The paper is all My Mind's Eye. They continue to be one of my all time favorite paper companies. I have a huge bin of their papers. The little cupcake is from Hampton Arts. I colored it with marker and colored pencil. The little greeting came from that set too. The velvet ribbon is new also, and so is my Nestie label die set.

One thing I did was to cut a piece of thick chipboard to 1x1 and then mount my stamped image onto it to give it some dimension.

Folks, that it. The last day of the very first 365 Cards Blog Hop. I hope you had a great week. Remember, you can win a MOSD RAK PACK by leaving a comment on Tuesday's post here, plus, there was a stamp set RAK on my blog Monday! I'll draw for winners on Sunday, Nov. 1st and post them on my 365 Cards Challenge post on Monday, Nov. 2nd. Make sure you check my projects for the whole Blog Hop week! Lots to see!

Come back tomorrow to see my Sunday Sketch!

4 comments:

  1. love this gloria...soooooo sweet...who can resist a cuppie cake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is perfect!! and you had me scarred as to what Pam had comming today!! i think my card with 4 inchies from a few days back should count for today also :0) No? ok i will play by the rules as your doing this week ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Gloria. Awesome papers! Need those! NOW! LOL! The little cupcake is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:57 AM

    I love this card. "Little cupcake" How cute! You have a very lovely blog. Your cards are fab.

    ReplyDelete