Friday, October 30, 2009

Day 6 - 365 Cards Blog Hop

Welcome to the sixth day of the 365 Cards Blog Hop! Pam and the DT are hosting a Hop all week long! For your fist stop, visit the 365 Cards Blog, read the directions on the Sketchy Sunday post, then start the Hop! For my Day 1 Post, click HERE. If you get lost during the Hop, the 365 Cards Blog has all the DT blog links in the sidebar. The official Hop is on Sunday (October 25th) but I will have goodies, challenges, and tidbits for you all week long, so make sure you keep checking back! To be entered to win the 365 Cards prizes, you must leave a comment on the 7 blogs in the Sunday Hop: Pam, Amy, Kristie, Sophie, Vicky, Tammy, and me.

The 365 Cards Challenge for Day 244 is called You're So Transparent. What you are to do is use at least 3 transparent items on your card. I'll admit, this was sort of hard as I don't really care much for transparent things, but I do have a stash of items, so went through that to see what I could come up with.

My three transparent items: Frosted card blank from ShortCuts, frosted bird from Maya Road, and clear journaling block from Little Yellow Bicycle.

I attached a piece of Graphic 45 paper to the inside of the frosted card blank (the cherry paper) so that it would sort of show through the front.

I stamped my greeting onto the clear journaling block, then ran that through my Xyron to turn it into a sticker, which I placed on the front of the card. To make the bird stand out, I ran it through the Xyron too, then attached some flowered Graphic 45 paper to the back of it. That way the frosted part still showed, but you can see the paper through it.

I pulled it all together with some gingham ribbon and a little flower.

Remember, you can win a MOSD RAK PACK by leaving a comment on Tuesday's post here, plus, there was a stamp set RAK on my blog Monday! I'll draw for winners on Sunday, Nov. 1st and post them on my 365 Cards Challenge post on Monday, Nov. 2nd. Make sure you check my projects for the whole Blog Hop week! Lots to see!

Before I go for today, I have a bonus project for you. Friday is my DT day for CropStop, so I want to show you my embossing project for today. I used some old Daisy D's paper that I've been hoarding. Then I embossed some velvet paper (SEI) with the Cuttlebug Script EF.

I also used my Nesties to cut out the image and mat. Love that rooster image! It's from a Stampin' Up set. I did not add a greeting yet since this can be for anything, and can be for a man or woman. I like to keep some cards that are multi-purpose.

The velvet paper embossed very well. It's hard to see in the photos, but in person, it's pretty fabbie! I also used some twine to tie the button to my ribbon bow. I hope I don't run out of the black and white gingham ribbon. It's my fav!

See you tomorrow for my last card of the 365 Cards Blog Hop!

6 comments:

  1. OK we have got to get Pam under control or I'm going to go bonkers!! LOL fantastic cards :0) hope your head feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. both of your cards are super gloria!!!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! You did a fab job in spite of not liking transparencies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab cards, Gloria! That embossed velvet looks awesome!!! And great take on the transperancy challenge! (That was a tough one! Geesh! I'm with Rose on that one! )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:07 PM

    Gloria, your cards are fantastic, I love the transparent one, I couldn't come up with anything for that, and your Rooster card, is beautiful I love the idea of the embossed velvet. I am surprised Pam hasn't come up with embossed velvet as a challenge:), at least now I would know what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. both are breathtakingly beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete