Saturday, January 09, 2010

ASD - Jan Card Kit - Reveal Day 1

It's time to start the Apron Strings Designs January Card Kit Reveals! I'll be revealing cards for the next three days! The January kit has three paper lines, so I'll reveal one paper line per day...with the cards I created using that line. I won't give as many directions for these cards as I normally do because if you purchase the January Card Kit you will get full color directions for making each of my cards! Visit the ASD site to place your order!

Today I will show you the cards from the KaiserCraft On the Dot paper line. This paper is double-sided, so you get more bang for you buck! The first card is a 5x5.

Do you love that big, striped brad? Well, I made that with my new Creative Imaginations i-top tool. you can make brads with any paper, fabric, canvas, etc. that you wish! I used some of the KaiserCraft paper to make my brad. (The i-top tool IS NOT in the kit, this is an extra "Gloria Twist" to what you can do with the kit supplies.

I used an Inkadinkado stamp from my stash for the "thinking of you" sentiment. The ASD kits don't normally come with stamps or sentiments so that you can use your own stamps and other items to customize your cards. If you don't have a lot of stamps, you can make your own greetings with Microsoft Word and a printer. Just purchase a pack of white cardstock from the office supply store, and you are all set. I sometimes "copy" stamps that I see in catalogs! I just recreate them in Word or Photoshop and print them out!

This next card is a standard A2 size with a top fold. I think that unexpected fold gives some oomph to a standard card!

I made good use of my paper scraps with this one. When I work with a kit, I try to use every bit of paper. And since I love my layers...I sometimes NEED every scrap! Punches are a great way to add interest to cards and use up your scraps at the same time!

The kit comes with some Making Memories Love tickets, but they did not match this card, so I turned one over and stamped a sentiment on the back of it! If you use clear stamps, it works great as you can see where you are stamping.

The last card with this paper line is also an A2 size, but a standard fold.

This time I used the Sizzix to cut hearts from some of the paper scraps. To make them stand out, I also cut the hearts from some thin chipboard and covered the chipboard with my paper hearts. The Sizzix dies can cut through lots of materials and are a must have in my tool chest! Don't have heart dies? Well, use a template by finding some free clipart and printing it onto computer paper. You can use the clipart as your template to cut your shapes for your card.

I also used only part of the Making Memories Sheer Doodle. I trimmed the Doodle and only used the words for my sentiment. I hid the glue dot behind my hearts.

I hope you enjoyed today's reveal! Come back tomorrow for the next paper line...and the 365 Cards Sketchy Sunday card!

4 comments:

  1. these are stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:56 AM

    WOW - I adore all these cards and I LOVE the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic cards and thanks for all the tips and tricks, some I knew some I didn't and will be using!

    ReplyDelete
  4. girlfriend you need to be teaching somewhere!! i love the cards and the clear "ribbon" on the second one is awesome :) i wish i could shop :(

    ReplyDelete