Monday, February 01, 2010

Monday, Monday...

It's Color Scheme Monday at 365 Cards, plus The Stamping Boutique is our sponsor this week. Now, I like color schemes, however Pam always gives us 5 colors! That's often hard to do! Lucky for me I have a LOT of patterned paper! Here is the scheme for today - Valentine's Day colors.

I have not made very many Valentine's in recent years, but this year I have gotten into it and made quite a few. Now, I have to actually mail them to people! I used this "Audrey" image from The Stamping Boutique for my card.

I think I got all 5 colors in there: red, pink, fuchsia, lavender, white. Check!

I used Spellbinder's Nesties to cute the ovals and little squares. The scallop square die set is new. I just placed an order for some new Nesties (from CropStop). I love those dies. Whoever invented them was a genius! The paper is from the 6x6 Sugar Rush pad of Basic Grey that I got a few weeks ago. The little sentiment is CTMH.

I used colored pencils and OMS to color Audrey. She turned out cute with her little pink high-tops!

I have a second card to show you today. I am one of the the Card Sous Chefs at Apron Strings Designs this year, and ASD is the sponsor this week over at Sketch Inspiration. The DT were asked if they wanted to contribute a sample and I said yes, if I could do a card. This is the card I made from their sketch.

I used the ASD January Bigger kit, the Bella Blvd paper line. Everything on the card is from the kit, except for the DMC floss that I tied my buttons with and the Fiskars scallop punch I used to make the small scallops on the tan paper. Is this house paper cute or what?!

I was on the ASD DT for 2009 also, and I purchase a kit each month on top of what I get to DT with...and I have to say in 13 months of kits, I have only had a few paper lines that were not "my thing." I pretty much LOVE what comes in these kits every month, and they are well worth the price. This year I get to DT with the All Year Cheer card kits and they are jam packed with goodness for card making. I'll be DT-ing the March card kit, so check up with me mid-March to see what I make with that!

3 comments:

  1. Gloria!! I completely love the card you made using Trisha's sketch from Sketch Inspiration! It's absolutely beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards, Gloria! Beautiful coloring and I totally love the second one - awesome papers and design! And once again elements sticking out!

    And I'm so with you about the nesties. I wish I had more, looking forward seeing what you've bought!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw your valentine card is so precious :) i must confess that i had to keep looking at the girls scarf as i kept seeing the darker pink as elf ears! lol think i need my eyes checked??
    i luv the second card!! the house paper is to cute :)
    fantastic job on both my friend :)

    ReplyDelete