Monday, April 26, 2010

365 Cards Day 57 - Ad Inspired

The 365 Cards Challenge for today is to use the ad below to inspire you to create a card. I chose this ad because I already knew what image I was using from Digital Delights! (So, yes, I am cheating again!) Pam lets the DT choose our own ads, so I searched the Pottery Barn Kids website for some fun turtles! And found these super cute quilts.

Digital Delights is the sponsor at 365 Cards this week, and I was given this turtle image to play with!

I colored the turtle with Copics, then created quilting on his shell with a white pen.

The paper is from the Nana's Nursery DCWV 8x8 stack. For some reason I purchased the baby boy and girl stacks last year. I don't use lavender much, but liked the combo here with green, then blue and pink accents.

This card took a long time to get from beginning to posted! It colored up really well, but then the image sat for a few days waiting for an idea to come to me. Then I struggled getting the cardstock cut to the proper size. (What's up with that?!) Finally, the card was finished, but then it got "lost" when I thought my cat had knocked it behind my storage unit! I later found the card downstairs! Dh found it on the floor at the bottom of the stairs and put it on the black hole that is our "junk counter." The cat is so lucky I found the card, but he needs to learn to stop messing around in my craft area!

ETA: Practical Scrappers is looking for projects using buttons this week! I think this counts!

9 comments:

  1. hey lay off the cat!! *giggle*
    this is too cute girl!! i love how you made his shell into a quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! Someday I hope I can color like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, Gloria. I really like his quilted shell. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet! love the turtle shell!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable! Love the triad of different colored buttons. Thank you for playing with Practical Scrappers this week.
    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute card. nice and colorful

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is adorable, Gloria!! i love the colors you used and what a perfect baby card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a cutie pie card gloria!!

    ReplyDelete