Friday, April 02, 2010

CropStop Friday Embossing - Sizzix Folder

I'm still riding my high from yesterday's Graphic 45 announcement! Wow! Still in a little bit of a shock, actually! But I know you are all waiting for my CropStop Friday Embossing Challenge, so here you go! I used the Sizzix Summer Fun set - the Swirls with Waves folder. I just got my hands on a bunch of new folders...some are new to me, some are new to everyone. (wink) I found a sketch in one of the Papercrafts magazine that I liked, so used that as my starting point for my card.

The printed paper is from my new 6x6 Basic Grey Kioshi pad! Yum! The cardstock is all Bazzill and American Crafts. It's hard to tell them apart but I think the blue is AC. I also used the Martha Stewart Zig Zag border punch and Spellbinders circle Nesties.

The stamps are KLM Designs clear stamps which will be released in April. I stamped the flowers with tumbled glass distress ink - one of the new colors! The sentiment is stamped with SU brown ink. I am sure the buttons are Papertrey Ink! I tied them with some twine.

Do you see my ribbon flower? I made it by folding the ribbon to form a rose shape. I learned how to make the flower from a tutorial HERE. It's so simple you'll wonder why you didn't figure it out for yourself!

I hope you drop by CropStop this week to see all the new goodies in the store! There is so much eye candy you will not be able to stop from filling up your cart! Use code MR9 for 10% off your purchase over $30. Offer valid until 4/15/10. (Excludes Scor-Pal.) Free shipping on all USA orders over $35.

4 comments:

  1. Gloria that is so pretty, love the colors and that rose accent is perfecto!! Will have to check out the tutorial later, it's hubby's bday and need to make HIM a card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love the color combo. I will have to give the flower a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful!! love the embossing and now i am off to check the sale :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the flower ribbon tutorial site! I loved your rose & had to jump over to the site to see how it's done!! It is quite easy. Your designs are just beautiful. So glad I found your blog!!

    ReplyDelete