Thursday, April 22, 2010

OCCSC12

Here is the Our Creative Corner Sketch Challenge 12. Another fabbie sketch from Jennifer!

Here is my card. I think I followed the sketch pretty well.

There are days when I am a super lazy crafter! I had my April Apron Strings Designs kits on the table and a package of old Stampin' Up rub-ons...and did not feel like getting up to root in my stash...so...I just used what was already out! The paper is Little Yellow Bicycle from the kit, and the yummy velvet ribbon and textured cardstock were also in the kit. I had some green SU paper on the table and it matched the rub-ons! I also found these pearls and that awesome button hanging around on my desk.

I wanted to jazz this card up a little bit, so I embossed the blue cardstock with the Cuttlebug Swiss dots folder. Then, I added white dots to the rub-on and the scallop shape with an Inkssentials pen. Easy peasy! My favorite parts are that gorgeous velvet trim and the fabbie button! But, these SU rub-ons...are about 3 years old...and they still rub onto the paper like butter. The sentiment rub-on even rubbed over the flower rub-on! Also, the white pen worked perfectly on the rub-on flower! Gotta love all that goodness!

On a side note: Matt (my dh) got home from China safe and mostly sound. He has the flu, but is here and doing better. It's so nice to have him back! It was a long 12 days for all of us!

6 comments:

  1. so glad matt is home :) your "lazy" card is fantastic girl!! i am drooling over the fab ribbon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous layout Gloria! LOVE your take on the sketch, LOVE the pretty paper and rub-ons!

    Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute. I love the colors, and papers that you used. Also love the rub-ons.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is really cute! Sometimes it just makes sense to do something simple! I am the same way!
    CindyB

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love your colour combo on this one, it's great, so fresh!

    ReplyDelete