Thursday, July 15, 2010

OCCSC24

Happy Thursday, everyone! Summer has finally come to the San Diego County north coast. It's very warm again today, but we still have an ocean breeze so we don't need the A/C. We don't run the A/C very often. It is mostly on in the late fall when the Santa Anna winds blow all that hot dessert air on us and stuff catches on fire! Camp Pendleton was on fire for the past few days with a lot of ugly smoke, but it seemed the wind was blowing the ash away from us. Fun times....

Well, since it's Thursday, that means it's time again for the Our Creative Corner Sketch! Here is Jennifer's baby...

And my card. I used Bo Bunny paper from my LSS kit, plus a scrap of Basic Grey. And this fabbie vintage image from Crafty Secrets.

I cut the ticket with the Tim Holtz die, then stamped with the Autumn Leaves Ticketed stamp set.

Our challenge for the LSS club was to use crepe paper...so I glimmer misted mine then pleated it to get this look. It was cool, but working with the wet crepe paper was a bummer. I finally wadded it up and left it to try...then came back a few days later and played with it. And y'all know how I hate to wait on anything! But I like the look of it, so maybe I'll play with it again. I am told that you can get lots of crepe paper at the $1 Store...

4 comments:

  1. well you better get that nice cool weather back by next Thursday girl as I am expecting it!! lol

    love the image and your patience with the crepe paper was well worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, love the crepe paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:51 PM

    Another great job!!! stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jaw dropping gorgeous girl!

    ReplyDelete