Saturday, August 21, 2010

Graphic45 Mini

Here is a mini album I created for the Graphic45 Blog in either June or July. I can't remember. It was not used on the blog, so I figured I'd just show it to you here on my blog-er-oonie! The G45 DT has a lot of very talented ladies and we make so much stuff that it's hard for Candy to show everything, especially with Summer CHA thrown into the mix! So this was one of those "orphan projects."

I found a luggage tag album by K&Co in my stash, but did not care for any of the papers or other elements, so I just tossed those in my give away bin and used the plastic luggage tags for this little album. The subject was my husband's great-aunt's 90th birthday. We all traveled to Connecticut last August for the big family reunion and her birthday. So here is my little album about Great-Aunt Eva.

I used mostly Graphic45 Communique and Times Nouveau papers. Plus lots of flowers and bits of ribbon. Here is the cover.

The book flips up. Each page is only about the size of an ATC, but so fun to decorate. I used some K&Co alphas and flowers. It's a good match with the G45 stuff.

Aunt Eva is quite the goofy gal. She's funny and really a pill. I hope I can be so cool when I'm 90!

Matt's heritage is Czech on his maternal grandmother's side, and this was their big reunion celebration. One of the cousins made a heritage scrapbook for the big raffle. Well, SOMEHOW Aunt Eva won the album! Shocker! She's the last of the original set of siblings, so it was only right that she get the book! She was so happy.

This was just a fun little book to make. I used tons of my G45 scraps. I NEVER throw any G45 paper away. I save even the teeny tiniest scrap!

I used a photo of the cake, which was decidedly NOT vintage looking! But, oh well. I was not in charge of that...


I need to mail this off to Aunt Eva as I'm sure she'd get a kick out of it. But it's so cute that I hate to part with it!

I was able to do a little collage with some of the On the Boardwalk papers. Such fun!

Hope you enjoyed looking at this little mini!

Prayer Requests: I have two prayer requests. First, it's been one month since my brother was tragically killed. Please continue to pray for my extended family as we grieve. Second, my husband starts an internship program at our church today. It's a year-long commitment equivalent to taking several seminary courses! Prayers for him and for the kids and me would be appreciated as this is a very large undertaking on Matt's part.

3 comments:

  1. Lots of hugs and prayers for you and your family as you move forward from the tragic loss of Todd. Also, for all, as you take on Matt's new endeavor. Faith will get you through everything!

    Your mini album is a delight! I love that your Aunt Eva was the recipient too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!! this is AWESOME!!! so many little details and she is sure to treasure it :)

    prayer requests noted :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute vintage album. I never heard of graphic 45 before so I googled them and am now drooling over their products. Reminds me a little bit of 7 gypsies.

    ReplyDelete