Monday, November 01, 2010

365 Cards Day 246

{There are three posts today, so scroll down!}

Ah, sweet November! Crisp days, cold nights....ah...not so much. It's supposed to be near 80 here for the next few days. Yes, folks I live where you may need to run the A/C on Thanksgiving Day! However, I would not trade this for all the snow that some of you may ALREADY have! {hello to my pals in Norway!}

Here is the Monday Challenge for 365 Cards - Mad About Mint. You are to use mint as your inspiration - the color, the taste, whatever mint means to you. So this is a wide open challenge! Have fun! There is a 365 Cards prize sponsor this week: The Angel Company. Make sure you check out the fabbie prize Karen is offering!!!

Here is my card. Nothing says "mint" like mint chocolate chip ice cream. Now, I don't care for ice cream, but if I do eat it, mint chocolate chip is my favorite flavor.

I found this fabbie My Mind's Eye Quite Contrary paper in an Apron Strings Designs kit from a few months ago. The ribbon was also from an older ASD kit. This color palette says "mint" and "ice cream" to me!

I stamped this yummy Hampton Art stamp and colored it with Copics. I also used my brand new Spellbinders Lacey Circles die set. Oh, I love this die! Found that bad boy at CropStop! I used Sketch #62 from Get Sketchy for my inspiration. The sketch calls for a wavy line diagonally across the card, so I dragged out my Creative Memories wavy cutting system, and used that to cut the wavy edges on my card stock.

The inside sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.


I'm also entering this card in these challenges:
Creative Inspirations #84 - color challenge - brown, sage, cream
Flourishes #90 - Anything goes except buttons and bows

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, Thanks for playing along with our colour scheme this week at Wednesdays's Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorjuss card hun, thanks for sharing it with us at Creative Inspirations this week.
    Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK now i know we are long lost sisters...........that is my fav ice cream (and the only flavor i eat!)

    super yummy card girl

    ReplyDelete