I am beyond excited to share this project with you! I've been wanting to create a printers tray using Graphic45 papers, but just have not had the time to devote to it. This past weekend, I was away for 4 days - no kids, no husband, no cat, no Internet, no TV, no telephone...and I finished the tray!
If you click on the photo, you should be able to see a larger image. It's hard to photograph the tray and get all the detail in there, so I took some close-up shots for you. I have to say, photos do NOT do this project justice. Out of all the projects I have created for the Graphic45 design team, this one is my hands-down favorite!
The tray is from 7Gypsies - they have a few different trays, but I chose the Letter Block tray with all the various sized openings. I decided to use three lines from Graphic45: Steampunk Debutante, Curtain Call, and Communique.I found the wooden letter "G" at Michael's Crafts a long time ago, and this was the perfect time to use it! I sanded the ends a bit to make it fit the tray! To color the letter I sprayed it with Peach Delight Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and a spray I made from Sunburst Twinkling H2Os and water. In person it's very shimmery!
For this frame, I fussy cut the lady's head from one sheet of paper, then glued her to the base paper. I placed metal gears over the top of the image.
2. Paper piece the top of the dress form using Graphic45 papers. I cut a notch in the top of the paper dress to create a collar, then added a paper rose for decoration.
4. Trim down the birdcage shape to create a hoop for the dress form. I cut off the top, bottom, and 2 of the cage bars to make the birdcage smaller so as to match the size of the dress form die cut.
5. Decorate the hoop with Graphic45 paper, lace, and metal embellishments, then attach it to the dress form with strong glue.
6. Attach wings to the back of the dress form. I used Maya Road chipboard wings, which I sprayed with glimmer mist and sparkling paints. I created a mist with twinkling H2O paints and water to give the wings a "super shimmer"!
7. Glue your Steampunk dress form to your tray.
Printer's Tray: 7Gypsies
Graphic45 paper: Curtain Call ( Top Billing, The Cinema, All that Jazz, Applause), Steampunk Debutante (Eclectic Emporium, Fantasy Floral, Mechanical Mind, Time Warp, Nouveau Artistry, Steampunk Debutante, Ephemera Extraordinaire), Communique (A Fine Specimen, Communique)
Chipboard: Grafix, Maya Road
Stamps: Tim Holtz Odds and Ends
Ink: Ranger Distress Vintage Photo, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Peach Delight, Twinkling H2O Sunburst
Tools: Tim Holtz Sewing Room and Birdcage dies, My Favorite Things butterfly die, Martha Stewart butterfly punches
Embellishments: Recollections twig; Queen and Company pearls; Making Memories epoxy flower; Tim Holtz Idea-ology clock, spinners, brads, gears, bookplate, token, memo pin, metal flowers; 7Gypsies gears, charm; Michael's Crafts wood letter and spool; fabric store rivet; Maya Road bingo number chipboard wings; Jenni Bowlin bingo card packaging; Tattered Angels key; Cat's Pajamas glitter; Wild Orchid Crafts flower; unknown bottle cap, scrabble tile, tiny glass bottle
Trims: May Arts twine, unknown lace trim