Friday, June 03, 2011

CropStop June Sketch

Well, you get a bonus this week since the first Thursday of each month is Sketch Thursday at CropStop! I know today is Friday...and I am sorry that I did not post yesterday. I had the Craft it Forward Blog Hop yesterday, so I had to post the sketch a day late.

I hope it was worth the wait!


I hope my sketches are not starting to look the same! It's getting harder and harder to create unique sketches! I hope I don't have to retire! {grin}

Here is my sample. I decided to make an A2 sized card, rather than a square. {I know, huge surprise for me to NOT make a square card!}


The CropStop theme for June is embossing, so I not only embossed my die cut shapes, but I also used a Spellbinders Impressabilities, Floral and Stone embossing template. Once I embossed the paper, I sanded it to make the embossing stand out more.


I took a few liberties with the sketch, but...what did you expect?! I need to cheat every now and again!

Supply List:
Cardstock: American Crafts, Stampin’ Up
Designer paper: Graphic45 Once Upon a Springtime
Embellishments: Seam binding from Lawrence Schiff, flower from Wild Orchid Crafts, pearls from Recollections
Stamps: StampingScrapping Tag Accents
Ink: Ranger Distress Spun Sugar and Walnut Stain, Memento Rich Cocoa
Tools: Die templates from Spellbinders (S4-114 Standard Circles LargeS4-124 Classic Scalloped Circles Large, S4-168 Large Labels, S4-169 Small Labels, I2-1006 Impressabilities Floral and Stone)

7 comments:

  1. Never say the word retire!! Nooooo!!!!!!!! This is great, btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. one word.................... beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sketch and all your sketches as they are so versatile. You'll never have to retire unless it's what you want. Blessings and hugs to you,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love our sketches!!! Your cards are always fab too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this! especially the ribbon! HUgs Juls

    ReplyDelete