Monday, July 18, 2011

ABC Primer - Hampton Art/Graphic45 Stamps




Can you stand more stamp reveals?! I am over the moon about this ABC Primer set from Hampton Art Stamps and Graphic45! When Hampton Art asked me to make samples, the matching paper was not yet available from G45, so I used some older G45 lines. But it just proves how amazing and versatileG45 paper is! And let me say these stamps are a DREAM to work with!

For this first card I used paper from the A Proper Gentleman line.


To create the tan background paper, I stamped images onto kraft paper with black and brown dye ink. I colored the image with Copics, naturally!


For this next card, I used papers from the Baby 2 Bride line. So soft and pretty!


I used pale Copics so the coloring would look almost like chalk. However, for me, coloring with Copics is easier and faster than messing with chalk!


For the last card I used the Playtimes Past paper line. You can see how well it works with the new stamps!


This image was so fun to color! The next time I use this one I think I'll paper piece that umbrella!


If some of these cards seem familiar, it's because I pulled out some of my old sketches and used them for inspiration. There is nothing like having a "go to" batch of sketches to help you give your creativity a boost. Well, having NEW stamps is a pretty big boost also! I hope you enjoyed this sneaky peeky!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill (Nightmist, Blossom, Kraft, Pomegranate), Neenah Classic Natural White, American Crafts Coffee
Designer paper: Graphic45 A Proper Gentleman (Cultured Reserve); Baby 2 Bride (Endless Love, Unchained Melody), Playtimes Past (Hopscotch, Alphabet Games)
Stamps: Graphic45/Hampton ABC Primer IC0123, IC0124, IC0125
Ink: Clearsnap Colorbox Chalk (Creamy Brown, Chestnut Roan), Copic Markers, Memento Tuxedo Black and Rich Cocoa
Embellishments: Button from Jenni Bowlin, Twine from May Arts, Twill and button unknown, Library Clip from Stampin' Up!, Pins from Maya Road, Ribbon from craft store, String from DMC
Tools: Spellbinders Paper Arts die templates (S4-125 Classic Scalloped Circles Small, S4-116 Standard Circles Small), Grand Calibur machine, Bow Easy
Adhesive: Scotch 3M ATG, Glue Dots

3 comments:

  1. Gloria
    Beautiful cards. These stamps are on my wish list. Especially the kids with the umbrella!!!
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! And these stamps make me want to sit down and color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet cards and gorgeous line...me thinks they could come in handy next month ;0)

    ReplyDelete