Graphic45 is showcasing the An ABC Primer collection today on the Blog, and I used the new stamps for a tutorial. Here is the card I made:
Here are a few basic steps to help you color the image.
1. First, select your image. I am using this adorable little girl from the An ABC Primer 1 set.
2. Stamp your image onto a good quality paper with dye ink. I used Neenah Natural White cardstock and Clearsnap Colorbox Graphic45 Decades Photogenic ink. The ink is a new product from Clearsnap. I found that the black is perfect for using with Copic markers!
3. For the little girl's skin I chose: E000, E00, E21, R20. I stared by coloring all of her skin with E000, then adding shadows with the other inks. I blended over the image again with E000.
4. The hair is already colored from the stamp, but I wanted some brown highlights, so I colored with E53 and E25.
5. I decided to use Graphic45 Once Upon a Springtime papers for my card, so I chose to make the little girl's dress pale pink. I chose R0000, R00, R02. I made sure to add the darker color where the book would cast a shadow on her dress. I lightly colored the dots on the dress with R0000.
6. For the bottom of her shoes, I used C3, which is a pale gray. (I normally would add some C1 for a shadow where she is sitting, but I forgot to do that for these photos!)
7. The last thing to color is the book. I used E50 and E53.
Here is the finished card again. I cut the little report card from the An ABC Primer paper and slipped it behind the image. I love how all of the Graphic45 paper collections coordinate with each other!
I made a few other cards with the stamps. These have been show-cased on the blog before, but I'll show them again so you can see some of the other ways to color and some of the other paper collections.
This card uses A Proper Gentleman paper. I stamped and colored the image, and also made background paper by stamping with black and brown ink onto kraft paper.
This card is very similar to the one I made for today, only I used Baby 2 Bride paper, which is one of the collections that Graphic45 is discontinuing. Being on the DT has some advantages! I have a stash of this saved up to use!
The last card used Playtimes Past, another collection that is being discontinued.
Enjoy coloring some images this week! And have fun getting ready for fall!
Supply List for the Tutorial:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics, American Crafts, Neenah
Designer Paper: Graphic45 Once Upon a Springtime Fairy Folk, Flight of Fancy; An ABC Primer School Days
Ink: Clearsnap Colorbox Graphic45 Decades Photogenic, Copic Markers (E000, E00, E21, E25, E50, E53, R0000, R00, R02, R20, C3)
Stamps: Graphic45 An ABC Primer 1
Embellishments: pins from Maya Road and Heidi Grace, flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts
Die templates: Spellbinders™ (S4-116 Standard Circles Small, S4-114 Standard Circles Large, S4-293 Lacey Circles, S5-062 Lace Doily Accents
Adhesive: Scotch 3M ATG