Thursday, October 20, 2011
Graphic45 Art Box and Mini Album Tutorial
Graphic 45 has the most incredible art boxes that can be altered. Each box comes with a mini album inside, also perfect for altering! There are three sizes: 5x5 and 5x8 kraftboard, and a round metal film canister album. For my project I chose the 5x5 album.
The box is bare allowing you to add paint, paper, ink, or whatever you desire! I chose the Graphic 45 An ABC Primer paper collection for decorating my box.
I used more of the An ABC Primer paper to decorate the mini album. If you want to make one of these boxes of your own, follow the directions below!
Please note: For larger views, click on each photo.
1. Cut papers to cover the outside of the art box. (The Art Box measures 5.25" W x 5.25" H x 2" D when closed.) For the front panel, trim out the opening with a kraft knife. Sand all edges. Use: One Two Buckle My Shoe and Jumping Joan papers.
2. Paint Ornate Metal Door Knob and a Metal Tag Staples with white acrylic paint. Allow to dry. Attach the knob to the top left edge of the front panel. Attach the metal tag to the side panel opposite the box opening.
3. Attach decorative papers so that they show through the opening in the box. Use School Days and One Two Buckle My Shoe. Glue chipboard elements and images cut from Grammar School paper to decorate the front of the box. Distress as desired.
4. Attach papers to the inside sections of the box, sanding all edges. Decorate with elements cut from the paper. Use One Two Buckle My Shoe, Games and Playtime, Alphabet Soup, Bedtime Stories, Grammar School papers.
5. Remove the album from the box and add a decorative panel to the inside of the box, if desired.
6. The album has four panels to decorate. The album is 4.75" x 4.75" when closed and 4.75" x 19" when opened. We will decorate the front and back of each album page.
7. To decorate the cover panel, trim image from Happy Go Lucky paper and attach to the front cover of the album. Tie twine to the clock button chipboard die cut, and attach it to the upper right corner of the album with glue. Make sure to sand all edges.
8. For the next two pages, attach Calico Kids to the panels, making sure to sand all edges. Trim out the ruler images from An ABC Primer paper and cut to size. Attach one ruler to the bottom of page one and one ruler to the top of page 2. Add photos or photo mats (approximately 3.5" x 4") and cut images from Grammar School paper, attaching with foam tape. Make sure you can slide photos under the images.
9. To create a pocket for page three, first cover the panel with Happy Go Lucky paper. Then, trim the flash cards from One Two Buckle My Shoe paper to size, and place adhesive on three sides. Glue to the panel, leaving the top open. Attach twine and twill to chipboard tags and manila tags, then tuck them into the pocket.
10. Flip the alum over and decorate the back of each panel as shown.
11. For page four, attach Bedtime Stories paper to the panel, then attach a strip of Grammar School paper to the center,. Make sure to sand all edges. Attach a photo mat and an element cut from Grammar School paper.
For the page five, attach Calico Kids paper to the panel, making sure to sand all edges. Trim out the ruler image from An ABC Primer paper. Attach the ruler to the bottom of the page. Add a photo mat and an image cut from Grammar School paper. Use foam tape to attach the images, and make sure you are able to slide your photos under each image.
12. To create the tag on page six, trim Graphic45 packaging (use packaging from one of the Graphic45 Staples products) to fit the panel, and cover the bottom of the tag with black cardstock. Round the bottom corners. Tie twill to the opening, and decorate with an image cut from Grammar School paper.
13. To create a pocket for page seven, first cover the panel with Bedtime Stories paper. Then, trim Grammar School paper to size, and place adhesive on three sides. Glue to the panel, leaving the top open. Attach twine and twill to chipboard tags, manila tags, and library cards, then tuck them into the pocket.
Enjoy creating your very own school memory box and album!
Box and Mini Album - Graphic45 (5x5 Kraftboard Altered Art Box w/Album)
Cardstock: Bazzill Raven
Designer Paper: Graphic45 An ABC Primer (Bedtime Stories, One Two Buckle My Shoe, Games and Playtime, School Days, Calico Kids, Happy Go Lucky, Grammar School, Jumping Joan, Alphabet Soup)
Embellishments: Ornate Metal Door Knob and Metal Tag Staples by Graphic45, Chipboard Tags 1 and 2 by Graphic45 An ABC Primer
Paint: Deco Art White
Trims: Graphic45, May Arts, fabric store
Tags: Office supply store, Graphic45 packaging
Library card: teacher supply store
Tools: Sand It Gadget from Core'dinations, Anywhere hole punch from Fiskars
Adhesive: Scor-tape, ATG tape and foam tape from Scotch 3M, Glue Dots, Tombow Mono Metal glue