Graphic 45 introduced their new fall line, Tropical Travelogue last week! The Design Team will be getting paper soon, but I got my hands on the stamps already! The Hampton Art sales team asked me to make some samples for them so they could to show off the stamps and the NEW Clearsnap Decades inks!
Are those stamps beautiful or what?! Graphic 45 has teamed up with Clearsnap Colorbox to create a line of antiquing inks, called Decades. The inks come in 6 colors: Photogenic, Antique Moss, Dark Cashmere, Venetian Lace, Triumphant Red, and Bon Voyage! The colors match Graphic 45 papers perfectly, and also match the new Signature Series Core'dinations paper pads!
I do not have the new Tropical Travelogue papers (yet!), but that gave me a chance to show you how to use other Graphic 45 collections with these fantastic stamps! For this first card I used the On the Boardwalk collection! (I just now noticed that one of my black pearls fell off during the photo shoot! Rats!)
To create this collage:
1. Stamp the lady image with Dark Cashmere Decades antiquing ink onto cream cardstock. Mask the image, then over-stamp with the postage image in Photogenic antiquing ink. Remove the mask. (Create a mask by stamping the lady image onto a sticky note, then trimming around the image.)
2. Stamp the word "beach" in Antique Moss antiquing ink, over-stamping a bit of the postage images.
3. Using a foam blender, ink around the images with Venetian Lace antiquing ink.
She's fantastic! And the script of the word "beach" is so pretty!
For the next card I used the Transatlantique collection. I love that Graphic 45 puts some thought into making their new collections mesh with older lines! It gives you more choices and breathes new life into older collections!
To create this image:
1. Stamp the tree image with Clearsnap Espresso pigment ink onto kraft cardstock, and emboss with clear embossing powder.
2. Ink over image with Aquamarine and Ice Jade Clearsnap Colorbox Fluid Chalk ink. Rub excess ink from the embossed image. Allow to dry.
3. Spray paper with Clearsnap Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz. Allow to dry. Wipe spray from the embossed image. (The embossed image will resist all other ink applications.)
4. Stamp the words below the main image with Dark Cashmere Decades Antiquing ink.
5. Edge the image with Aquamarine Fluid Chalk ink.
I love how the different layers of ink give such a unique and dimensional effect to the stamped images!
It was fun to show you some tropical images today. Especially since we are having a "Pacific storm" here in southern California! It's raining buckets and is only 57 degrees! Brrrrrrr!
Tune in tomorrow for the Handmade Holidays Blog Hop! I'll have a project and tutorial for you...all in a Christmas theme!
Hampton Art Stamps: Graphic 45 Tropical Travelogue
Graphic 45 paper: On the Boardwalk Bathing Beauties, Transatlantique Travelogue, Exotic Destinations
Clearsnap: Colorbox Graphic45 Decades Antiquing dye ink Photogenic, Venetian Lace, Antique Moss, Dark Cashmere; Smooch Spritz Vanilla Shimmer; Top Boss Clear Embossing Powder; Colorbox Pigment Ink Espresso; Colorbox Fluid Chalk ink Aquamarine, Ice Jade; foam blender ink applicator; Color Catcher
Other supplies: kraft, black, brown and cream cardstock; green twill; black pearls; twine; scallop edge die template (Spellbinders E8-001 Classic Scallop Edgabilities); tape runner, foam squares