Monday, March 12, 2012

Moments in Time - Imaginarium Designs


May I just say, this is just my second month on the Imaginarium Designs DT, and I am LOVING it! We only have one rule...use Imaginarium Designs chipboard. Seriously? I just grab stuff and PLAY?! I've been having a blast seeing what I can create when there are no rules. My favorite way to create! {giggle}


I want to thank my very good friend, Christine Schaffer, for this photograph. Every year we have a paper crafting retreat into the mountains east of San Diego, and Chris always takes the most amazing photographs to share with the group. She has a lovely eye for just what to snap! I've used her photos often in my design work. I appreciate her more than I can say!

To get started with this layout, I placed the large clock chipboard onto paper to act as a mask. I then sprayed the stuffing out of it with glitter mist! Once the paper looked like what I wanted, I removed the clock to a safe spray area, and finished spraying it up. I sprayed the chipboard with several layers of color for more depth.


The border across the top of the page is called "Edward Relief Border." I sprayed it with Copper Glimmer Mist, and once the ink was dry I inked over the top with Ranger Fired Brick Distress Ink. {Yeah, my ink pad is a bit glittery now, but no matter.}

I never get tired of saying...layer layer layer. I layer everything. To make my layers of patterned paper "pop" I always mat them with cardstock, in this case I matted with black cardstock. I am very much a linear scrapper. Once I have things all lined up, nice and straight, I start to add junk to the page. But the base...almost always linear!


To create the aged look for the fence, I sprayed it with Log Cabin Smooch Spritz. When the mist was dry, I inked with black archival ink, just hitting the "high spots."


I also sprayed all of my foliage. Most of these leaves were in my "junk" box. They were either odds and ends or were really ugly! Once I hit them with some ink...they turned out pretty fantastic! Then again, these colors are right in my wheelhouse!


I sure used a ton of chipboards on this layout! It probably weighs too much to put into an album. I really want to start framing my favorite layouts and using them as wall art in my house. We have a lot of blank wall space!

That's it for today. Make sure you stop by the ID Blog to see what the other girls are making. Plus, this is my second post for today, so scroll down to see another layout. {I don't make only cards, you know!! hee hee}

Supply List:
Imaginarium Designs Chipboard: Edward Relief Border, Spade Top Picket Fence, Clock Face without center and hands 6 inch, Small Clock Face, Moments in Time Phrase, Embellishment 8 Small
Graphic 45 Papers: Le Cirque Magnifique, An ABC Primer Games and Playtime, Steampunk Debutante Mechanical Mind
American Crafts: Black Cardstock
Neenah: Natural White Cardstock
Clearsnap: Colorbox Graphic 45 Decades Antiquing Ink Dark Cashmere, Venetian Lace, Triumphant Red; Smooch Spritz Black Velvet, Log Cabin
Tattered Angels: Glimmer Mist Tuscan Sun, Copper, Candy Apple Red, Peach Delight, Bronze, Harvest Orange
Ranger: Distress Ink Fired Brick
Close to My Heart: Archival Ink True Black
Prima: Flowers, leaves
Craft supply: Leaves and other floral supply; mini brad, glue
Spellbinders: Grand Calibur Die Cutting System, Nestabilities Labels Seventeen
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L: Foam squares
Scotch 3M: Tape runner, foam tape

4 comments:

  1. That is stunning! The details are just amazing! I laughed about the linear thing, I always do the same thing. Things must be lined up and then go crazy. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gloria - I'm with you on the linear design! This is a fantastic layout with delicious details. I really need to find a US supplier for Imaginarium chipboard. That border is killing me!

    Cheers,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gloria your layout is stunning, the colours amazing, and a I really like how you used the ID chipboard elements.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what, no rules?? you go girl :) lol

    love the photo!! and such a beautiful layout :)

    ReplyDelete