Thursday, August 09, 2012

Scrap n' Art Online Magazine!

Hi, everyone! I have a few projects that I created for Scrap 'n Art Online Magazine to share with you today. The magazine allows us to post our projects two months after they have appeared in the magazine. I have a May layout and a June card to show you. I hope you check out the magazine, because the team is amazing. Plus, they also take submissions from the readers!

This layout is something I made from the May layout sketch (created by Liz Chidester). I don't normally have time to submit extra projects to the magazine, but I really liked the layout sketch for May, so I made a 12x12 page.


I think paper rosettes are fun to work with, and I made great use of them here, pairing them with metal items and and buttons. Plus, who doesn't love gingham paper?!


I inked up this great chipboard phrase (Imaginarium Designs). I think the ink makes it look almost rusty, which matches my photos. These are all photos from the scrapbook retreat that I go to every year with my friends. There is a lot of old rusty junk to look at there! I love the setting. (windmill photo by Christine Schaffer)


I used foam tape to pop some of the rosettes. The October Afternoon paper is wonderful. I used some of my favorite lines, which I have been hoarding. Since new paper comes out all the time, it is hard to find my favorites when I used them up. (Hence the hoarding!) I do like to use some papers over and over again. They are like basics or neutrals, in a way.


I always like to use a bit of metal in my work. I like metal items more than I like bling, and metal still gives texture and shine without being too glitzy.

For the June Issue of Scrap n' Art Magazine, I created a card sketch and a sample.


After I created the project and sent it in, I had a "duh" moment! I should have made a Father's Day card - since this was for the June issue! Oh well. I think I may try my sketch again one day in a masculine theme...


I used paper rosettes again. I had the dies out and was using them a lot for a few weeks. Then I guess I moved on to fixate on something else!  But my main technique for this card was stamping a background, then coloring just part of the image, for a pop of color.


I used Graphic 45 papers, which are always lovely to work with. I love the deep reds and blues in the Fashionista Collection. It's an older collection, but I still like to use it.


One of my "go to" items is buttons. I love buttons - new, vintage, colorful, plain, big, small - I love them all.


Here is a peaky at the inside of the card.

Thanks for stopping by!
Layout:
Cardstock: American Crafts Black; Bazzill Buttercup Canvas Texture
Designer paper: October Afternoon: Farmhouse: Church Social, Kitchen Cupboard; Modern Homemaker: Party Line; Farm Fresh: Root Cellar, Chicken Coop
Ink: Clearsnap Colorbox Graphic 45 Decades Antiquing Ink Venetian Lace; Clearsnap Colorbox Archival Dye Ink Mudslide

Embellishments:
Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Clocks, Gears
7 Gypsies: Gears
Teresa Collins: Brad
Nikki Sivils Scrapbooker: Burlap Buttons
Imaginarium Designs: Chipboard phrase

Die Cutting System: Spellbinders Grand Calibur; Sizzix Big Shot
Dies: Spellbinders Borderabilities Big Scalloped Border Grand; Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Paper Rosette, Mini Paper Rosettes
Adhesive: Scotch 3M tape runner, foam tape; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L foam squares; Aleene's Tacky Glue

Card:
Cardstock:: American Crafts Textured Black; Stampin' Up Very Vanilla
Paper: Graphic 45 Fashionista: En Vogue, Potpourri, Haute Couture
Stamps: Hero Arts Simply Handmade, Hampton Art Stamps 7 Gypsies Vintage Sentiment, My Favorite Things Big Greetings
Ink: Copic Markers (R24, R27, R56); Clearsnap Colorbox Graphic 45 Decades Antiquing Ink Photogenic, Venetian Lace, Dark Cashmere
Die cutting system and templates: Sizzix Big Shot die cutting machine; Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Mini Paper Rosettes
Embellishments: Pins (craft supply), Buttons (Buttons Galore and More)
Ribbon: DMC Floss, Cream lace (craft supply); Black crochet lace (Really Reasonable Ribbon)
Other tools: Fiskars decorative scissors,
Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L foam squares; Scotch 3M tape runner; Glue Dots craft adhesive dots

1 comment:

  1. I really like that cascade of gingham rosettes in the top left corner...it's so appealing. Great layout, great sentiment!

    ReplyDelete