Sunday, February 03, 2013

A Graphic 45 Valentine!

Before I share my project, I want to thank everyone who stopped by the blog and FaceBook to wish me a happy birthday! Thank you all so very much! I had a wonderful day with my family, playing games and eating good food! My husband gave me the thumbs up to purchase some new stamp sets I've had my eye on. He also made sure to have my favorite flowers for me when I woke up. (Tulips, in case you want to know!) And I had a stack of cards to open. It was a perfect day!

Ok, now on to the project! I created this Valentine's Day card for the Graphic 45 Newsletter.


If you want to see the sketch, plus the step-by-step directions, click HERE.

I was told to create a 10-minute card. I admit that what is 10 minutes to me, may be 30 minutes for you....or vice versa! I have a few friends who are masters of CAS style cards. For me, those cards take HOURS! A card with all these layers...I can knock it out in 10 or 15 minutes! Once you have all your supplies ready and all your pieces cut to size, this should only take a few minutes to assemble.

There is a bit of a typo in the directions. There is a part where I have a note about top-fold cards and why I make them. The note should say that I make them because they are easier to photograph. Yep, that is the only reason! Top-fold cards just stand up better and I can get a better shot of them with the camera! Mystery solved!

Have a great Sunday. If you are watching the Superbowl, have fun! If you are crafting today, have even more fun!

5 comments:

  1. Ah...so THAT's why! I get it now, hadn't thought of that, but I guess you're right. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card as always Gloria. ox Marg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's raining love, hallelujah, it's raining love, hallelujah! (To the tune of it's raining men...LOL) I adore this sketch, Gloria...and the artful way in which you combine images and patterned paper. The Queen of Sketches strikes again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for sharing the tip gloria on the top fold.
    ava g

    ReplyDelete