Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Inspired by Stamping Challenge #52

Inspired by Stamping offers an inspiration challenge every Thursday (Queensland, Australia time). The challenge lasts for one week, then a new photo is revealed! Here is the photo/color combination for this week's challenge!


I love the white and blue in the photo. Here is what I created.


I used an embossing folder to mimic the wallpaper in the photo. This is a new folder from Couture Creations. I have not received my DT box from them yet (as they are all the way in Australia!) but Haylie Jo and the crew from CropStop put a bundle together and sent it to me so that I'd have some things to play with in the meantime! This folder is from the Serenity Collection and is called Chiaro


I stamped a sentiment from the Beautiful Iris set and cut it out with a circle die template. I made a bouquet with some paper flowers that I found in my stash. I really love how the blue and green play off against the white and kraft!



To make the embossing stand out, I rubbed it with some white ink. I really like how the curly part of the sentiment letters matched the curly parts of the embossing!


Three lucky winners will receive a $15 gift card to the Inspired by Stamping Store!

There is an extra challenge for March: Play along in the customer blog hop and create a card using the chalkboard technique! Click HERE for details.

Now, come and play along with the team!

Basic rules of the challenge: Please use the colors in our photo as your main colors. Upload your card/project to your blog or online gallery and leave a link to your project using the linky widget at the bottom of the IBSIC Blog post. When uploading to online galleries please add IBSIC #52 to your post. (Each challenge is up for one week.)

At this time ALL products (stamps, paper, dies) are welcomed with our challenge. You do not have to incorporate an IBS stamp set or flowers. DEADLINE is Thursday April 11th at 12pm Brisbane time (9pm EST Wednesday, April 10th).

ANNOUNCEMENT! Starting next month, the IBS Challenge will be moving to Joanna's Blog and will begin on the 11th of each month and last for 2 weeks. 

Starting in April, the design team will begin to play in other challenges as a way to showcase the IBS stamps and dies around the Internet! So watch to see which challenges I select each month!




Stamps: Inspired by Stamping Beautiful Iris
Embossing Folder: Couture Creations Chiaro
Die cuts: Spellbinders Standard Circles Small and Large, Foliage
Cardstock: WorldWin Paper Treasures Black, Kraft; Stampin' Up! Very Vanilla
Designer paper: Teresa Collins Everyday Moments, World Traveler
Ink: Clearsnap Colorbox Fluid Chalk Alabaster; Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon
Adhesive: Scotch 3M tape runner; Beacon Fabri-tac; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L foam squares

3 comments:

  1. So awesome! Love the sanded bg too~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your use of the colors in this card...and that embossing folder is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete