Monday, March 03, 2014

Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge #3

Hello and happy Monday! This is my project for Challenge #3 at the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog! Remember, you have two weeks to play in the new challenge!

Challenge #3: Vintage or Retro Style
Graphic 45 is our sponsor this month, so let's see what you can make in a vintage or retro style. Do you hoard lace or vintage hat pins? Do you snap up all the postcards at yard sales? Do you love mid-century modern? Do you long for avocado appliances and orange shag carpets? Show your vintage or retro spin on a paper crafting project. 

One talented participant will receive this prize pack, donated by Graphic 45!

Over $50 Value 

Graphic 45 is an award-winning scrapbook and paper crafting company­— owned and operated by a mother (Diane Schultz) and her two daughters (Aimee and Charee Filimoehala). Together they create vintage inspired crafting products that capture the flamboyant style of the 1920's and 30's - with vibrant color, irresistible texture and imaginative design to create products with decades-old appeal that's both fresh and familiar. Let our products inspire your next scrapbook layout, card, album or home decor project. 
Please visit the Graphic 45 Website or Facebook page for more information. 

Here is my project. Naturally, I love vintage! It is no secret that I have a "thing" for Graphic 45 papers! I mean, come on...we are perfect for each other! {giggle}



I did a few things here that are not from my normal bag of tricks...I used a light card base (so, I needed to have a colored background for the photography rather than my customary white) and I did NOT mat my layers with cardstock! GASP! Instead, I decided to play with a hoarded tool...my Prima Distressing Tool. Love that guy! 

I used Graphic 45 Sweet Sentiments and Botanical Tea papers for my project. I have only hoarded these papers for a very, very short while. In fact, Botanical Tea just arrived last week! I made myself cut it! 


The focal image is an image of a vintage postcard. I found it on Pinterest at some point and had saved it in a file with other hoarded junk that I save...  I printed the image onto cream cardstock, distressed the edges, and inked it a bit. So pretty! And goes perfectly with the papers! (I am adding my project to Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge as they are asking for "wings and things"!)

Ok, yes! I hoard vintage postcards! Real ones, reproduction ones, and items like this one that I print from the Internet! I love them. There is something so sweet and wonderful about these simple, vintage messages.


I love to curl the edges of my papers. I added some G45 printed paper to the corner of the image so that when I curled it up, you see more of the lovely printed paper! I think that Sweet Sentiments and Botanical Tea work well together. There is no purple in Botanical Tea...so...I grabbed some from Sweet Sentiments! 

Naturally, I have a hoarded supply of ribbons and flowers. And, yes, that was me who just ordered MORE flowers! Sigh....I am sick, I tell you! Sick!



My card is 5 x 7 inches, which is a size I do not make very often. But, I printed the image at 3 1/2 x 5 inches, and I felt it needed a but more breathing room. 


I stamped a sentiment on the inside, with a stamp from my hoard. I have so many stamps. I have been stamping since 1990, and I rarely get rid of anything. Just this past summer I FORCED myself to "de-hoard" stamps and give them away! Some had NEVER seen ink! GASP!

I hope you had fun today! Make sure you stop by Graphic 45 Blog or Facebook and tell them hello! They are our AMAZING sponsor for both March challenges! Thanks for looking! 

Challenge Rules are HERE. Make sure you LINK your project up using the Link Tool on the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog. PLEASE DO NOT LINK YOUR PROJECT TO MY SCRAPS OF LIFE BLOG! (Yes, that was shouting, sorry.)

Make sure you visit the Design Team and check out what they have to share!

Amber Milone

Christy Butters
Debbie Seyer
Donna Idlet
Ginny Nemchak


Pam Bray
Tammi Bennett

Cardstock: WorldWin Papers ColorMates Original Light Totally Tan, ColorMates Textured Natural Twill
Designer paper: Graphic 45 Sweet Sentiments, Botanical Tea
Stamps: Taylored Expressions
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Rich Cocoa
Flowers and stamens: Wild Orchid Crafts
Postcard: downloaded from Internet
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon
Adhesive: Scotch 3M ATG tape; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares; Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue

26 comments:

  1. Beautiful card...love the vintage postcards and of course all the fabulous layers, breathtaking is all I can say...makes me yearn more for spring since we just got an 1/2" of ice through the night along with a bit of snow....lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the layers on your card and it just screams Spring and Easter to me. We have rain, sleet, freezing rain and snow for today. Oh how I would love to take a class from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty. A touch of Spring on this bleak Winter day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card, Gloria! I fell in love with Graphic 45 the minute I was introduced to it. Guess I need to quit hoarding it and use it for the new challenge. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty mix of fresh, spring colors! Love the layering and the inside sentiment is perfect and so true!!! He Has Risen!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a wonderful card, Gloria! I love the size. I have Sweet Sentiments and haven't used any of it yet! Thanks for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gloria, is it spring yet? This is a beautiful card, love all the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. absolutely love this card; so clever how you turned up edges and layered. thank you so much for sharing your creative talent

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally shabbylicious! All those wonderful distressed layers, the fabulous color combo, and the thoughtful little touches that I know you arranged and re-arranged to get just right make this a fabulous card. I'm so glad you're back! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shabby wonderland!!! Seeing all the close-ups on this beauty really shows the amazing layers and colors..your work is still amazing to me!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card (as always), Gloria. Good for you for cutting into your new papers right away! It usually takes me a while to cut into any new G45 papers...my fear of ruining them! :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful cards --such an inspiration for making our Easter cards. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the layers and layers of lovely paper and that ribbon treatment with the sweet flowers that coordinate perfectly with the vintage postcard print! Especially love the inside and that hoarded stamp with the incredible message!! Masterful work, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is beautiful! I love your style. It's always nice to bump into a fellow hoarder!

    ReplyDelete
  16. now I know what to do with all the vintage postcards I've been hoarding!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I love this card! Are you sure we are not twins? How can it be?

    ReplyDelete
  18. SOOO stunning, in true "Gloria fashion." LOVE the distressed edges and curled corners, and your color coordination is spot on. I, too, collect vintage postcards - aren't they the best? I'm very much looking forward to playing with you gals this time around! Love the gorgeous vintage and retro offerings of all the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely beautiful Gloria! I love the vintage postcard and all your distressed edges. Again you have created a masterpiece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Gloria, just wanted to pop over and say thank you for the lovely comment you left on my Craft Hoarders Anonymous challenge entries. Not only were you lovely and complimentary about my two entries, you also left me a lovely comment about my health - thank you so much for that - it means a lot to me so thank you.
    I am now going to have a good look at your beautiful creations. I know exactly where to come in future for beautiful vintage inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful vintage creation! I love all the distressing and gorgeous papers! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your card! Very pretty and so vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a darling card and a very attractive use of Wild Orchid Crafts flowers! Thank you so much for joining in with us at the Wild Orchid Challenge and we hope to see you again real soon!! Big huigs...Jacque

    ReplyDelete