Friday, June 13, 2014

Another Father's Day Card...and Another Old Truck!


So, I love me an old truck! (If you missed the truck card from yesterday, scroll on down and see it.) This old truck lives at the house where I go for my Crafty Retreat each spring. I just love it! I take photos of it EVERY year! 

 
Look at this one, all ready for fall! I found this guy on the Internet somewhere. I just love it.


And, yes, one for Christmas! I love me an old red truck! So...I have made another card for all the dads out there! (This one is up on the WorldWin Blog.)  I hope you all have an amazing Father's Day on Sunday!


I was able to get my hands on the WorldWin Papers ColorMates Smooth and Silky Assortment Packs! Yes, that is 75 sheets of yummy colors! Each pack contains 25 sheets, one of each color. It is great for "test driving" each color. 

For my card, I used White and Bark from the Neutral/Earth Tone assortment, Apple Red from the Warm assortment, and Military Green from the Cool assortment. 

If you want to make a card of your own, I have step-by-step directions over on the WorldWin Blog!


I embossed the Apple Red cardstock with a gear pattern embossing folder, and then I rubbed gray ink over the top of the embossed areas. The card is 5 x 5 inches, from Bark cardstock. The accent color is Military Green.

I wanted this to be a manly card, so I used some linen cloth and twine, rather than ribbon. The linen is some left-over bits from an old cross stitch project!


To get the twine to stay under the image, I placed some double-sided tape onto the text banner, approximately 3-inches from the top of the card. I just stuck the twine onto the tape, and topped it with a second piece of tape. I added the image over the top of the twine with foam tape, and Bob's your uncle!

That yummy truck image is from Stampin' Up, the Countryside stamp set. I colored it with Copics and then added some Old Paper Distress ink. Isn't it purty?!


Of course I had to trick out the inside of the card! 


I used a die cut template to create a gift card holder from the Apple Red Cardstock. It is embossed, too. The trick is to DIE CUT first, and then emboss. Otherwise, you risk squashing your embossing. 


 I found some retired Stampin' Up stamps for the inside. I love the key! It is probably just what that old truck key looked like! {Grin} I have no idea what sets these stamps are from as they were just rattling around in the bin labeled "Masculine." And if anyone knows what that font is called, let me know! I "need" it!


Fill the gift card pocket and give the card to the guy in your life! I am sure he will love this old truck as much as I do! Or change out the sentiment and give this card to your favorite, truck-loving girlfriend. 


WorldWin Papers products:

ColorMates Smooth and Silky 8 1/2 x 11 inches, 80# Cardstock Assortment:
White
Bark
Apple Red
Military Green

Other products:
Designer paper: Authentique Flourish Foundation Two; Graphic 45 Good Ol' Sport Victory
Die cut templates: My Favorite Things gift card pocket, Fishtail Flags
Stamps: Stampin' Up Countryside (truck - the other stamps are various retired Stampin' Up)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Tuxedo Black; Close to My Heart Grey Flannel; Ranger Distress Old Paper
Embossing folder: Cuttlebug Clockworks
Markers: Copic
Linen: leftover cross stitch fabric
Twine: May Arts
Adhesive: Scotch 3M ATG tape; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares; Scor-tape

8 comments:

  1. I ♥︎ the Bailey's truck too and am feeling the need to add a truck image to the old stamp collection - fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, great truck (all of them!)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...so much to love here...the wonderful torn ribbon, the bits of twine the beautifully layered banners and the perfectly colored image...and then you add a pocket!!! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you'd said it without the pictures, I might not have got it, but with those fab photos and your delicious card, I really do understand the appeal of an old red truck! Lovely post, and a terrific card.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my me too! When I retire I want to buy an old ford truck, fix it up and drive around town in it. Love the card and the truck pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband lives for street rods and customs,, or just about anything with 4 wheels and a steering wheel..this truck would be a good addition to my other cars.. I am selling garage condos so could use it on thank you cards too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous card! I just love every bit of it. Those pictures are treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous card! I just love every bit of it. Those pictures are treasures.

    ReplyDelete