Thursday, July 17, 2014

We All Live in a Yellow Submarine...



Well, not really! {giggle} I had so much fun as the June Guest Designer at The Rubber Cafe, that I came back for one more month! When I saw the July Creative Cafe Kit, A Whole Water Fun, I knew I had to play along! I love the stamps and the papers, but...with a "punny" title like that, how could I NOT join in?!


I created this cute card with the submarine stamp from the Under the Sea stamp set. I had to add the sentiment from Fun in the Sun add-on set. Get it....you live in a tiny sub and you "wish they were here"?! {giggle} My 13 year old thought it was funny! {grin}

To make this card, visit The Rubber Cafe Blog for a "tiny tutorial"!


I used some Glossy Accents to make the porthole look like it was made of glass. I used a decorative die template that had a water drop shape around the edges. I glued a few of the "water drops" to the main image. 


The dimension is nice, not too thick. I just love the blue paper peeking out from behind the yellow.


I like the font for the sentiment. It's very casual and fun!


I added a white panel to the inside of the card, with a thin strip of the fish scale paper attached to the bottom. I couldn't resist stamping the Under the Sea sentiment at the bottom!


Stamps: The Rubber Cafe Creative Cafe July Kit of the month Under the Sea, Fun in the Sun
Paper: The Rubber Cafe Creative Cafe July Kit of the month Echo Park Walking on Sunshine 6x6 pad
Cardstock: Bazzill Daisy, Bazzill Bling Glitz from the kit; Copic Xpress It Blender Card White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Ranger Distress Tumbles Glass
Markers: Copic
Paint: Ranger Distres Picket Fence
Adhesive: Scotch 3M ATG tape; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares; Ranger Glossy Accents
Embellishments: Ribbon from the kit
Tools: Spellbinders Standard Circles Small and Large, Tear Drop Circle; My Favorite Things Die-namics Sentiment Strips, Polka Dot Cover-Up

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:36 AM

    Adorable! I squealed a little when I saw the water droplets you added to the submarine. And the layered background that looks like bubbles! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card, love the die cut front panel letting the paper peek through too. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so fun...and so you with all the wonderful details you built in! Love it!

    ReplyDelete