Sunday, October 12, 2014

Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps - Fall Chalkboard Greeting

Good morning! It is my turn on the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Blog. I have a quickie card to share today. This one is a twist on chalkboard art.


I created a 4 1/2 x 6 inch card, using Graphic 45 French Country paper for all my prints. To create the chalkboard greeting, I used the Autumn Mum Greetings stamp set. I stamped two sentiments from the set with white ink onto black cardstock. I then embossed with white embossing powder. When the embossing was cool, I stamped over the top with watermark ink and the Falling Leaves stamp set. I embossed the leaves image with clear embossing powder.



I rubbed the sentiment panel with white ink, and then buffed the ink off the leaves image in some places. It is hard to see in the photo, but the shiny leaves look cool in person!

I used the Leaf Silhouettes die set to cut out two small leaves from cardstock scraps to add to my card. 

Thanks for looking!

Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps products:
Autumn Mum Greetings stamp set
Leaf Silhouettes die set
Falling Leaves stamp set

Other products:
Cardstock: WorldWin Papers Treasures Black and scraps
Designer paper: Graphic 45 French Country
Other dies: Spellbinders Labels One, Labels One Small
Ink: Stampin' Up Whisper White; Ranger Distress Vintage Photo; Clearsnap Top Boss Watermark
Embossing powder: Stampin' Up Clear; Close to my Heart White
Ribbon, twine: Really Reasonable Ribbon
Floral spray: Michaels Crafts
Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares; Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue; Scotch 3M ATG tape

6 comments:

  1. Lovely fall card, Gloria. Love the chalkboard look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the chalkboard! It just puts your card over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So genius to put that sentiment on chalkboard....it pops off the background of those gorgeous papers. What a card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love that look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love that look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card Gloria. Love the chalk board technique. The sweet little leaves look great.

    ReplyDelete