Friday, July 10, 2015

Guest Designer at Pink and Main!

A few months ago I got a sweet note from Michelle, the owner and illustrator of Pink and Main stamps, asking me if I would do a guest spot and share some of her stamps on my blog. One of my (many) goals is to help promote other paper crafters and small companies, so I said YES! Michelle sent me some cutie patootie stamps to play with, and I made two fun cards for you.



I know that I don't normally use cutsie images in my work, but that's not to say I cannot or will not use them. {grin} I paired the sea critters from the Pink and Main Mermaids stamp set with Graphic 45 By the Sea Paper to create this sweet card!


I colored the little guys with Copics. I kept asking my nearly 15 year old son what color to make Nemo's stripes. He told me, but I kept saying, "No, he's blue and yellow, right?" Finally, Jonah said, "Mom, you are talking about Flounder, not Nemo!" {shrug} 


I made a bow from ribbon and twine to tie all the colors together. I added a tiny bottle of beads for an accent.


Since I had already colored Flounder, I decided to color the little mermaid image to match Ariel. Isn't she adorable?! (For those of you totally lost, I am referencing characters from the Disney movie The Little Mermaid.) I used more of the G45 By the Sea paper. 


I colored with Copics again. (I just got new glasses, and now I can see all my mistakes! Yikes!) I love the teal color paired with the burnt orange. I even found some cardstock, ribbon, and a pin in the same shade of teal. How often does THAT happen? Ok, pretty often when you have a huge HOARD of supplies! {giggle}


I want to thank Michelle of Pink and Main for asking me to play along with the new release. Stop over to the Pink and Main Blog to see the full July Release!



Pink and Main stamps: Mermaids
Cardstock: WorldWin Papers black, Copic white
Designer paper: Graphic 45 By the Sea 8x8 pad
Die cuts: Spellbinders Standard Circles Large and Small, Star Circles
Markers: Copic
Ribbon and twine: Really Reasonable Ribbon
Trinket pins: Maya Road
Glass bottle: SkyBluePink
Pearls: Want2Scrap
Beads: craft supply
Adhesive: Scotch 3M ATG tape, Glue Dots, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares

4 comments:

  1. These are simply adorable! ;0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute creations. Love the layout with the circles! Well done girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cards :-) greetings from Czech Republic Kate (DT Pink and Main)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That message in a bottle...that right there! Genius! Love these cutie pie cards!

    ReplyDelete