If you are looking for the Canvas Corp Brands Vintage Junk Mini Album, please click HERE.
Hello and welcome! I am up on the CutCardStock Blog today, sharing a friendship card with a hidden gift card holder!
The front of the card contains a hidden flap. Inside the flap are two pockets for gift cards!
The inside of the card contains panels for stamping or writing a message.
To create this card follow the steps below.
1. Cut Basis Black Cardstock to create a 6" x 6", top-fold card. Cut Brown Bag Kraft Cardstock to 5 7/8" x 5 7/8" and sponge the edges with white ink. Attach the kraft panel to the card front.
2. Cut Home Sweet Home 8x8 Granny's Quilt paper to 5 1/4" x 5 1/4" (or use a stitched square die cut template). Mat the panel with Basis Black Cardstock cut to 5 3/8" x 5 3/8". Attach the panel to the center of the card front.
3. Emboss a Brown Bag Kraft A6 Invitation with a chicken wire embossing folder. This one is actually called "honeycomb" but close enough!
4. Sponge the embossed area with white ink. Trim the panel to 4 7/8" x 2" and mat with Basis Black Cardstock cut to 5" x 2 1/8". Attach the panel to the left side of the card front.
5. Create the gift card pockets by cutting the flap from the top of a Brown Bag Kraft A6 Envelope. Score the envelope at 3 1/4" from the left edge.
6. Fold and burnish the envelope on the score line, and rotate it so that the opening is on the right. Sponge the edges of the envelope with white ink.
7. Mat the bottom panel of the envelope with Basis Black Cardstock and attach it to the center of the card front.
8. Decorate the top panel with Red and Black Basis Cardstock and one of the G45 Home Sweet Home 8x8 journaling cards (My Sunshine).
9. Die cut a sentiment from the Basis Black Cardstock and glue to the card as shown.
10. Create a red houndstooth ribbon and twine bow. Glue a button to the center of the bow, and attach a bow to the upper left corner of the card.
11. Attach two small magnets to the inside panels, which will keep them closed. Use G45 Home Sweet Home papers and tags to decorate the pockets.
12. Add Basis Natural cardstock and G45 Home Sweet Home paper to the inside panels of the card, if desired.
Thanks for looking!
Brown Bag Kraft A6 Envelope
Brown Bag Kraft Cardstock
Brown Bag Kraft A6 Invitation
Basis Black Cardstock
Basis Red Cardstock
Basis Natural Cardstock
Scor-Tape Premium Double-sided Adhesive
Tombow Mono Multi-purpose Liquid Glue
Decorative paper: Graphic 45 Home Sweet Home (8x8, 6x6, Tags and Pockets)
Die cut templates: Papertrey Ink words, Elizabeth Craft Designs stitched squares
Embossing folder: Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Honeycomb
Ink: My Favorite Things Sweet Tooth
Ribbon and twine: Really Reasonable Ribbon red and white plaid houndstooth, natural burlap string
Punches: EK Success corner rounder
Magnets: Basic Grey
Adhesive: Scotch 3M ATG tape, hot glue