Wednesday, February 22, 2017

It's the Little Things

Hello, Colorful People! I finally had some time to sit and color images a few weekends ago! I was "itching" to get out my pens and pencils and paints! I went on a crafty retreat with some friends in early February, and now I have a stack of things all colored and ready for cards! Here is one of the images I colored.
This sweet image is called "Emma and Ellie" and is from Conie Fong Art and DesignI am new to Conie's stamps, but you can be sure I will be buying more and coloring them! 

This is a digital image, which I printed from my printer onto Hammermill cardstock. I really had the urge to color some purple hair...so I did! What fun! I used Copics to color the image and for the hair I used BV02, 04, 08, 25, 28. (I did not write down the other colors I used, unfortunately.)
I pulled out some printed paper from my vast hoard of 6x6 pads and made a 6" x 5" card. I found the sparkly button in my stash and had to use it with some purple twine. I also added some sequins (because, I was taunted by friends to buy a boat load of sequins a few years ago, so I need to start using them). I lined the inside of the card with white cardstock, so now it's all ready for a special message. 
I just adore this image. Emma's sweet face is so unique. Many children's images that I find are...well...a bit creepy! I find Conie's work to be very refreshing and whimsical. Plus, I love that they are digital because I can size them to suit myself! Digital stamps are easy to store and inexpensive! Win-win!

If you love this image, and you love to color,  Conie is having a design team call just now. Read about that HERE


Digital stamp: Conie Fong Art and Design Emma and Ellie
Clear Stamps: Stampin' Up Hello Life
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Markers: Copic
Paper: C.C. Designs Snowy Day, My Favorite Things Tiny Check
Cardstock: CutCardStock Flavours Gourmet Smoked Sea Salt, WorldWin Dark Pink, Hammermill Digital Copy
Trims: Really Reasonable Ribbon Yellow Grosgrain with Silver Edge, Violet Burlap String
Sequins: Craft Medley (pink), Pretty Pink Posh (pewter)
Button: unknown
Border punch: Stampin' Up
Dies: My Favorite Things Fishtail Flag Stax and Layers, Spellbinders Grand Rectangles
Adhesives: ATG tape, Scor-tape, foam squares, multi medium, hot glue

1 comment:

  1. Your love for coloring really shines here! I can also see your move toward CAS design, which is so hard to do. Great job!

    ReplyDelete