Monday, September 24, 2018

Sympathy Card Set

Good morning, Crafters! I have been trying to use some of the Authentique Spring and Summer Release Collections that I have not had a chance to cut into. The last one on my desk was the Companions Collection. (I confess that I have already cut into the fall and winter papers. I mean, who can resist?!)  
We all love our pets, and when we lose one of our beloved companions, it is very difficult for us. I wanted to create a sympathy card to send to someone who has lost her furry friend. I decided to make a full card set, with a greeting card, a memory photo card, and a matching envelope.
The greeting card is a standard 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" note card. I used the pretty Companions papers along with a die cute phrase. I matted each paper layer with black cardstock.
I added a bit of teal ribbon, to match the teal in the paper collection. I also added a bit of twine and a button for minimal decor.
The inside of the card is also decorated with a stamped sentiment and space to write a message.
I also created a photo card with the same papers, only this time I used red accents. This card is the same size, only in a horizontal format.
I used seam binding to make a loopy bow, then added a bit of twine and a button.
I also added the entwined hearts charm for a sweet touch.
The inside of the card has places for two photos.
I also decorated the back of this card since it may sit on a desk or shelf.
I used an envelope making tool to create a matching envelope from the Companions paper.
Both the greeting card and the photo card will fit into the envelope. To mail this, I would probably put the whole set into a padded mailer and pay the extra postage. 

Thanks for joining me today! 



Authentique Supplies Used:

Companions Collection: 12x12 paper, Details Cardstock Stickers
Additional Supplies: 

Cardstock: WorldWin black, natural
Seam binding: Really Reasonable Ribbon Lipstick Red 
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon Jade Grosgrain
Twine: Really Reasonable Ribbon Brown Burlap String
Buttons: stash
Charm: Amazon
Die cut phrase: My Favorite Things
Stamps: Stampin' Up
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Adhesive: ATG tape, Scor-tape, glue, hot glue
Envelope making tool: We R Memory Keepers

No comments:

Post a Comment