Friday, November 27, 2009

CropStop Friday - Christmas Countdown

It's Friday again, and time for another Friday CropStop embossing project. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday. And I hope that those of you out shopping the sales today get some good deals! I am staying home. There is not a sale in the world that can make me venture out on Black Friday! Unless someone is giving way Nestabilities or cardstock or something!

I already shopped at CropStop, so have some new goodies to play with! I am using the new Cuttlebug 5x7 Christmas Countdown folder for my card today. This is the first time I've tried the new size.

I embossed some Kraft cardstock (SU) with the folder, then I rubbed the raised image with white Colorbox Chalk ink. I then buffed it, to rub off most of the ink and give the paper a soft flocked look. It almost looks like velvet paper!

I attached my embossed panel to a white panel, and then tied on some candy cane striped ribbon. I then attached both panels to a red card (A2 size) made from cranberry Bazzill.

I stamped the penguin image (Walmart brand) with black ink and colored it with SU markers. I over stamped the snow globe with a postage cancel stamp (studio G).

I made the fake postage stamp from a studio G stamp and some red cardstock that I trimmed with deco scissors. I am so happy I did not listen to "friends" and get rid of these scissors! I still use them from time to time. Better to have them and not need them, than to need them and NOT have them. (That's what my dad always said, and I believe it!)

I hope you are busy making YOUR Christmas cards...I have about 10-15 made and about 60 to go! I need to pick ONE style and just crank them out!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!! :0) how cute the snowglobe and stamp are! i always forget i have deco sissors, better hold on to them huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so clever and creative!! Thanks for the detailed instructions!! You're awesome!! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete