Friday, December 25, 2009

MOSD Christmas Traditions Mini

Merry Christmas Everyone! I hope you all have the Peace of the Lord today. May you spend the day celebrating our Lord's birth and enjoying goodwill toward men!

I typed this on the 23rd, so don't think I've sneaked away from my family to blog! But I do want to show you what I made for my MOSD project for December. You'll notice there are no photos in my mini yet...but you know how I am about making stuff and then waiting dog's years to actually put photos in them!

I used pages from the MOSD Build-a-Book set. These are 6x6 shaped and square pages that you can mix and match to create your own custom book! I used 3 clear squares, 2 large scallop chipboard pages, 2 half circle chipboard pages, and 1 chipboard square. I used a mix of papers and products for this album. Plus, lots of glittery items and buttons and flowers. Take a peek!

Here is the cover. I painted the edges of all the clear pages with acrylic paint and Stickles. I attached a piece of double sided paper to the clear cover using Xyron adhesive.

Here is a view of the shaped pages.


And a top view.

Page 1: You can see the back of the cover paper through the clear acrylic. I added a rub-on directly onto the acrylic page.

Page 2:

Page 3:


Page 4:
Page 5:

Here is an overlay transparency that I added for some extra visual interest. I trimmed it to 6x6 and then punched holes with the Bind-it-All.

Page 6 is clear, so you can see Page 8 peeking through:

Here is the flip side, Page 7:

Page 8: I used neutral paper for my photo mats.

Page 9: My friend Jacquie cut this large music note from chipboard. It was a piece of clip art she printed off the computer. I attached the black dotted Swiss Bazzill to it to jazz it up.

Page 10:

Page 11:

Page 12:

Page 13:

Back cover:


I bound the album with the Bind-it-All and tied on lots of festive ribbons.

I hope you are inspired to create your own mini album this year. Blessed Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas my friend!!! this is stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous (as usual) Gloria! Hope your Christmas was blessed (he he he... blogging on Christmas day, he he he) and that your New Year is filled with many more blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:10 AM

    Absolutely BRILLIANT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is BEAUTIFUL!!! I sent you a MOSD PM. How did you create your watermark signature - it looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete