Sunday, January 17, 2010

365 Cards Sketchy Sunday Day 323

Another great sketch from Pam at 365 Cards! This one is actually pretty easy...I guess Pam did not drink her "special coffee" the day she created this one! But after her Crazy 8 challenge last Monday and the new one she stuck me with...I mean gave me...for tomorrow, I am not sure I should tell her how much I liked this sketch!

Those of you who follow this blog know that I have a VAST hoard of product, and that I tend to buy even more and hoard that. (Shocking!) Well, you will be so proud of me for this card! I needed something very specific for my 365 Cards Monday Challenge (no, Rose, I am NOT telling you what the challenge is!) and in the process of digging into my hoard, I found this really cute Winnie the Pooh paper that I got from my Creative Memories rep (and fabbie friend, Connie). I never even opened the package! And I am sure I've had this paper for 2 years or more!

I used two colors of Bazzill cardstock to coordinate with the CM paper, plus the really cute Pooh cardstock stickers! And wow on that clear sticker sentiment! I don't often use all one product line on my cards, but this just was so cute I had to do it. That really fat rick rack was a Christmas gift from my friend Kellie. Notice...new product...not hoarding... Hey, I even did faux stitching! (Melody, I am trying to sew...even fake sewing is a step in the right direction!)

Is that cardstock sticker clip cool or what? It did not photograph well...I noticed that this Disney stuff is hard to photograph without getting a strange grain or cast to the photo. Anyway, I added some tiny pearls to the butterfly and some Martha Stewart baker's twine to the bottom.

I also used my Spellbinders Nesties to cut a scallop circle to mat Pooh and Piglet. I pop dotted them off the card. (ETA: I've been informed that this is Roo, not Piglet...I sort of thought Piglet was pink and a pig....it's what happens when you type your blog posts when you are tired and hungry!Thanks, Mandy!)

Before I leave you for today, I want to say how much I appreciate all the kind comments and encouraging words everyone leaves. I am also happy when you email me to ask a question or give me some advice or sweet words. I love to hear from you and I enjoy helping you. Don't hesitate to email. I will ALWAYS respond. (Unless you are SPAM or rude or something! No meanies please!)

6 comments:

  1. Gloria, I am sorry to tell you that as a Piglet fan that is Baby Roo......

    Totally cute card, love it so much.

    Sending you lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahaha....has Pam passed along her "special coffee" recipe to you? I chuckled at Mandy's comment and actually had to scroll up to see what she meant and sure enough:)

    I love this cutie pie card Gloria...all your embellies are fantabulous! That ginormous black ric rac rocks...really eye catching!

    have a super week and hey, stay away from that coffe, okay:) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. good grief, seems I'm drinking that coffee....I can spell, usually....I meant COFFEE...that's what I get for giving you a bad time.....{hanging my head in shame}...okay, off to drink more coffee:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. well i thought you made this for pam as she just spent a week at disneyland!! lol
    what do you mean you wont tell me what the challenge is for monday!! *stopping feet now** some friend you are! LOL :D
    mandy is right that is roo! lol check out the feet and tail... to large for a pig LOL ;D don't worry i know you have poor eyesight!! have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:39 PM

    Creatively done! I like Pooh and Baby Roo and the rest of the characters in the cartoon series.
    dining sets

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! this is pure cuteness! GREAT papers and accents, it was good they came to use! LOL! Have a fab day!

    ReplyDelete