Tuesday, January 12, 2010

CPC Sketch Tuesday #39

It's Tuesday and time for Christian Paper Crafts Sketch Tuesday - 39. I am super proud of this sketch. I learned how to make scallops in Photoshop Elements. I've been trying ways to do it for a while, and finally found a few tutorials online that pointed me in the right direction. (And no, I am so sorry to say I did not write down where I saw the tutorials!) My son would not help me because I am still using Elements instead of CS4. Well, phooey on him! So here is your sketch:

The card I made takes liberties...so much so that I am going to try again to use this sketch, as I love the sketch, but this is the card the was born from my efforts:

I made this scallop card with the Cricut Expressions and the Graphically Speaking cartridge. It's 5.5x11, folded in half. I had my Daisy D's paper bin on my desk from another project and decided to use this pinwheel paper for this card. I love making pinwheels, so decided to make a BIG one for this card. The card is 5.5x5.5, and the pinwheel is made from a piece of 4x4 paper (well, it's two pieces since Daisy D's is not double-sided paper).

I love that ginormous button! It's a Papertrey Ink button. My favorite part is how the stitching on the ribbon mimics the dashes on the paper. A happy accident!


The sentiment is an Inkadinkado sentiment that I cut apart. The inside of the card has the rest of it...it says "how many fingers are you?".

Make sure to stop by tomorrow for the My Lifetime Story Challenge #2! If you want to make sure to remember to come by for those layouts, consider Following the blog or Subscribing to the blog. See the links in the left sidebar.

1 comment:

  1. yea an easy sketch!!! :D your card is super cute and i luv the pinwheel :) and good for you figuring out the program all by yourself!!

    ReplyDelete