Friday, March 19, 2010

CropStop Friday Embossing Challenge - 3/19

I confess to have a drawer filled with embossing folders. This does not count the embossing plates and brass embossing templates that I have stashed away! And, as always happens, I reach for my old favorites every time! Well, for today's CropStop card, I grabbed a folder that I've never used before! This is the QuicKutz Leaves folder.

My inspiration was this super cute DCWV Green Stack paper! I just got an 8x8 pad of it the other day and wanted to use it. I embossed kraft paper with the folder, then rubbed a bit of white ink over it to pop the leaves. Then, I cut a strip of the tree paper and edged it with a punched border. This is the Fiskars bracket punch. It fell into my cart at the store, so I had to buy it!

I cut the beaver out of the paper with a Nestie die, then stamped a greeting on a strip of scrap paper. (Hampton Art stamp set) I added a bit of twine, and there you have a clean and simple card. So NOT me, right?! But super cute!

3 comments:

  1. super cute!! and i also have that same problem while shopping, things just "fall" into my basket LOL Oh goody i see you have all your sketches up for us on the sidebar :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful!
    and here is something from me to you...

    ReplyDelete