Saturday, May 08, 2010

Check it Out!

I was the featured DT Member on the Graphic 45 Blog on Friday. They did not show my final project and I still am not sure if I am allowed to show it here. Better safe than sorry. They did show a few of my cards and one of my layouts. It was fun to hear Candy call me the "card queen." I guess I am...but I like to think of myself as Empress of All I Survey... It's no secret that I love cards, I love vintage, and I love being a queen! {wink} But most of all I love Graphic45 paper!

Here are some projects I made for CropStop. Haylie Jo needed samples for her vendor booth. I said I'd make some and she put me in charge of making things with Cuttlebug embossing folders. I also wanted to use Graphic45 paper, so here are my creations.

This is a tag that I made by embossing some orange Core'dinations with the CB script folder.

The image is cut from a sheet of On the Boardwalk G45 paper. Next is a card. I embossed a sheet of G45 Le Romantique paper with the CB Victoria folder. Since G45 paper is cardstock weight and has a white core, it embossed very well. I love that you can see the pattern of the paper "behind" the embossing. Very unique look.

Next is another card. I embossed yellow Core'dinations paper with the CB argyle folder and embossed some Close to My Heart paper with a folder from the CB Asian set. The image is from the G45 Proper Gentleman line.

Last, is a page layout. I embossed the black strip with another folder from the CB Asian set. I also used Tim Holtz masks and glimmer mist to make the background. I cut the title with the Cricut and Graphically Speaking cartridge.

I cut some G45 paper with a border punch to make lace. The flower is made by cutting book pages with the new Tim Holtz tattered florals die. The velvet flower was hiding in my stash, so I have no clue where it came from.

I made my own bling swirls. I used the Bazzill stitchez template and a pencil to make marks on the paper, then I just glued the pearls over the marks. Ta da! Bling swirls and a fraction of the cost.

I'll be teaching a class this morning, so think teacher-y thoughts for me. Have a groovy day!

5 comments:

  1. These are all fab - that golf card is great the way those colours pop.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me use my Graphic45 paper more often, thanks for the wonderful *pushes* Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your creations are fabulous... I too love vintage and you are an inspiration to me....

    ReplyDelete
  4. well my friend don't expect me to bow at your feet as i wouldn't be able to get back up! LOL
    can't wait to see the final project you made :)
    stunning work!!! i love how the masks turned out.
    will be praying for your teaching today :) let me know how it went!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol...love rose's comment :)

    such fun projects sista! You definitely always rock the G45!!

    I have something for you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete