Wednesday, November 03, 2010

CropStop Ink and Stamp Spot {11/3/10}

I am the hostess for the CropStop Ink and Stamp Spot this week. I challenge you to get out your Distress Inks and some stamps, and make this tag with me!

This will make a fantastic gift tag for a man, a teen, or a grunge-loving lady! I used the new Tim Holtz tag and bookplate die to cut the tag. It makes 6 1/8" x 3 1/8" tags! I think these are the size that Tim uses for his "12 Tags of Christmas." I used a bunch of inks and stamps to create a grungy background for my tag.

Then I used the Tim Holtz gadget gears die to cut some gears out of grungeboard. I inked those up with distress inks also. Aren't they super cool on this tag?! I stamped a ticket and attached it with a memo pin.

I used a grommet and some fibers to finish off the tag. Since I have a lot of "junk" showing on the other side, I should cut a second tag and glue it to the back to cover up the brads and whatnot. This tag will either end up on a card or in a bin of give-away stuff, so for now, the back is naked!

I am entering this tag in the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge. They asked for something shabby. And I'm entering it for Paper Sundaes as they asked for something for the boys. I start on the DT for them on Sunday, so stay tuned!

Products Used:
Card stock: Stampin' Up
Tools: Tim Holtz Gadget Gears die, Tim Holtz Tag and Bookplates die, Crop-a-Dile
Ink: Ranger Distress (peeled pain, fired brick, black soot, vintage photo,walnut stain, mustard seed, wild honey, spiced marmalade, dried marigold), Memento (black tuxedo, rich cocoa)
Stamps: Tim Holtz (mini classics, odds and ends), 7 Gypsies (steampunk), Papertrey Ink (ticketed), Stampin' Up (French script)
Other: We R Memory Keepers grommet, Tim Holtz memo pin, various brads, fibers, Tim Holtz grungeboard

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:09 AM

    I absolutely love this.. I have this die cut too.. but dont know how to work it like u do...

    fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool compass! I like the gears too!! ALSO, nice background!! :)

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your use of the cogs and gears on this tag! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week- Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Gloria wowzersss love your tag and the compas on it Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show and hope to see you next time Hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This tag looks great and fits so well for a boy / man. Wonderful work you made!
    Hugs from your PS mate :o)
    Karina

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME!!!!!! love the gears :)

    ReplyDelete