Monday, April 04, 2011

April Loralie Designs Samples

Happy Monday, everyone! I've got my April Loralie Designs samples to show you today. (These are for the sample board at Stamping Details in Poway, CA.) This gal is called Jane Adams. I used the new Bo Bunny Timepiece 6x6 for all the cards. Each month the gals at Stamping Details pick a new stamp and we decide on a paper line, and I make four cards to show the same stamp four ways...with the same paper. It's a challenge sometimes!

For this first card I paper pieced her outfit and the bow on her hat. (The bow stamp comes in the set.) For the greeting I used Spellbinders S5-042 Fleur de Lis Doily Accents die. I added a few pearls to it, because every girl needs some bling! The greeting is from a Hero Arts stamp set.

This girlie has green eyes! She's so fab...

For this card, I paper pieced her outfit again, and added a small paper flower to her hat. Her hat was not easy to color and shade. But, my Copic technique is improving, so it looks ok. This paper is so beautiful that it almost doesn't matter what the image looks like!

The clocks on the paper are in an unfortunate position, but I was not about to recut the dress! Fussy cutting is not my favorite thing to do, you know!

Here is the inside. I always decorate the insides!

Here is another one where I paper pieced her outfit again, and the bow. The bow on the card is very sparkly! In fact glitter was everywhere! All the trims are from the Stamping Details store! I used Spellbinders classic and scalloped ovals for the greeting. And more yummy pearls.

I used blue for her eyes this time. Just changing the eye color can make a difference in how she comes across - warm or cool.

For this last card I paper pieced her top, but I colored her hat and skirt with Copics, then used the tip of the marker to draw dots. The technique turned out very nice. I also cut part of the image with an oval die, and fussy-cut the rest with scissors! I love how it turned out!

The flowers is new from Kaisercraft. Love these new paper blooms!

I should have a new lady for you next month, but I also have a fun project showing a Loralie man stamp...but it's a secret project for my Spellbinders retreat, so you will have to wait for that!

4 comments:

  1. As you know I Love Lorali designs!!! Love what you have done with these ones!!! especially love the stripy outfit!!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such a great job on all these cards with that cute little image. I'm partial to the blue eyed girl. I love completing the insides of my cards too. It adds something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Four incredible cards. Gorgeous work. I loved them all, they are all fantastic.
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all the paper piecing :)

    ReplyDelete