Wednesday, January 04, 2012

An ABC Primer Mini Album

Can you stand to see another mini album? I made this one for Graphic 45 back in September, but with one thing and another it's just now being shown. I had this Kaisercraft album in my stash for ages and finally pulled it out and used it! I love An ABC Primer papers and had such fun making this album.


I love the different shapes of the album and how they stack onto each other.


This is a fun little book that can be used for a child's first day of school photos or even a little year in review. I set mine up to show photos from grades 1-6.


I used the Graphic 45 An ABC Primer papers, chipboard, and stamps. The book is pretty simple and not overly embellished. I wanted the papers to be the "star" of the show!


I love the postage stamp images. They are perfect for this project.


Cutting around all the shapes was not so fun, but I love how it all turned out. I was able to use a sanding block to distress the edges so any mistakes I made in cutting are hidden!


You could easily make a book this size in an afternoon.


Did you notice each grade tag has a different clip? Is that fun or what?!



I am not sure where that script ribbon came from. I have a bunch of it in my stash but cannot remember where I purchased it. It's so awesome that I am happy I bought a lot of it! {Can you say "hoarder"?}


I used the main image for the back cover. How cut is this?! I bound the whole thing with rings and tied on some ribbons. Very vintage!

Supplies:
Graphic45 Papers:
An ABC Primer: An ABC Primer, One Two Buckle My Shoe, Grammar School, Games and Playtime, The Three R's, Bedtime Stories, Building Blocks
Graphic45 Staples: An ABC Primer Chipboard Tags 1, An ABC Primer 1 Stamps

Partner products:
Clearsnap: Colorbox Creamy Brown, Chestnut Roan Chalk Ink, Colorbox Graphic45 Decades Photogenic Dye Ink
Core'dinations: Sand it Gadget
Glue Dots: Craft Dot n Go adhesive dots

Other:
Kaisercraft: Star Album
Unity: Learning Year by Year stamps
Stampin' Up! Basic Black, Kraft Cardstock, library clips
Tim Holtz Idea-ology: pins and clips
Craft supply: ribbon, twill, brads
We R Memory Keepers: Crop-a-Dile
Scotch 3M: tape runner

9 comments:

  1. Lovely and I esp love the back cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This album is very much GENIUS...... Congrat.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I don't have kids and I want to make one! Guess one of my nieces is getting a present :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I stand yet another album... Can you hear me....>???????
    YES.. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wonderful Gloria, brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another wonderful mini album. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful Gloria! Great job on the album.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice project! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mini albums have often been my favorites. Think it is time to do another one. Wonder what is in my stash?

    ReplyDelete