Monday, January 23, 2012
Spellbinders Tutorial - NEW Die Templates!
I hope you all enjoyed the Spellbinders Blog Frenzy post from the other day! If you missed my tutorial, click HERE to see the first project. I promised you a tutorial for making this tag, and here you go!
1. Cut a piece of chipboard 3 x 6 inches and cover with printed paper. You could use a standard manila tag, but I like to use chipboard for projects that get a lot of handling. You may want to save some coordinating paper to cover the back of the tag. Round the corners, if desired.
2. Cut and emboss a second piece of printed paper with the Spellbinders™ Edgeabilities® E8-008 Classic Edges Two Petal Edger.Attach this decorative edge to the bottom third of the tag.
3. Cut and emboss rust cardstock using Spellbinders™ Edgeabilities® E8-008 Classic Edges Two Triple Scallop Edger and E8-012 Decorative Inserts Four Large Flowers.
4. Trim and glue to the tag, as shown. Add twine.
5. Cut and emboss three Spellbinders™ Shapeabilities® S5-102 Aster Flower Topper flower centers; cut two from rust cardstock and one from gold. Cut and emboss two Aster Flower Toppers flowers from green cardstock; cut the large and medium sizes. Stamp a sentiment onto cream cardstock with brown dye ink; cut and emboss with Nestabilities® S5-077 Labels Twenty-five, using the second smallest template.
6. Before removing your die cuts from the templates, stencil with ink to add interest and dimension.
7. To create the centers of the flowers, cut and emboss Spellbinders™ Edgeabilities® E8-012 Decorative Inserts Four Large Dots. Cut one strip from gold cardstock and one from rust.
8. Use Nestabilities® S4-116 Standard Circles SM template #1 (the smallest circle) to cut out the "dots" from your strips you made with the Large Dots Decorative Insert.
9. Assemble your flowers, using the green petals from the Aster Flower Topper as leaves.
10. Add your sentiment, and tie some twine to the top of the tag...and you are finished! You may wish to cover the back of your tag, to "pretty it up."
Thanks for stopping back! I hope you enjoyed the tutorial!
E8-008 Classic Edges Two
S5-102 Aster Flower
E8-012 Decorative Inserts Four
S5-077 Labels Twenty-five
S4-116 Standard Circles SM
GC-001 Grand Calibur
Preferred Product Companies:
Waltzing Mouse Basket Additions Stamps
Cross Promotional Products:
Bazzill Basics Buttercup, Papaya Cardstock
Clearsnap Colorbox Yellow Ochre, Amber Clay, Burnt Sienna, Dark Green Fluid Chalk Ink
My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Two Sunshine 6x6 paper pad
Beacon Zip Dry Paper adhesive
American Crafts SpinachTextured Cardstock
Neenah Natural White Cardstock
Tsukineko Rich Cocoa Memento Dye ink
We R Memory Keepers Crop-a-Dile hole punch, gold grommet
Scotch 3M ATG Adhesive tape
Craft supply Twine, chipboard