Wednesday, August 01, 2012

RRR Challenge #53 - BLING!

It's time once again for the Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge. This time, you are to make a project using bling, plus ribbon. I know you have some bling in your stash! Rhinestones, glitter, sparkly buttons! Dig it out and play along! My friend Melody sparkled up some buttons in a fun technique HERE. I MUST try that technique sometime!

 Inside: Thank you for knowing just what I need

For my card, I used rhinestones in various sizes. Even my ribbon has a bit of bling in it! And how cute is that stamped image?! I colored her back in the spring and then never used her for anything. But, the August Ribbon Club has gray ribbons, and I remembered having this gray and yellow paper, and thought....my girl with her pop of red...perfect!


I had some fun yellow print ribbon in my stash and wanted to use it, so I created this "window shade" topper for my card. I saw one of these in a magazine a few months ago, and wanted to try it. I added some large bling to the bows. (I used my trusty Bow Easy tool to make the fabbie bows!)


I added some black rhinestones to the candy bar wrapper. I even paper pieced the candy wrapper with some of the matching paper. What is better than chocolate? Chocolate that comes in a sparkly package!

I added the gray diamond satin to the bottom and topped it with scallop bling.

I hope you play along with our challenge! There is always a great prize up for grabs!
Cardstock: American Crafts, Copic
Designer paper: Teresa Collins Carolina Breeze
Stamps: My Favorite Things: a la Modes Dip Me in Chocolate, WTG Straight From the Carton
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Clearsnap Colorbox Daffodil Pigment Ink
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon: Daffodil Floral Satin, August Ribbon Club
Bling: Teresa Collins, Want2Scrap (black)
Tools: Bow Easy; My Favorite Things scallop border die template; Scor-pal
Adhesive: Scotch 3M tape; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L foam squares, Beacon Fabri-tac, Scor-tape

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I think I have that paper or something similar. Once again you have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful!! Love your design and how you did the ribbon with the bling! Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the bling on the bows! I also love the stamp you used, lol, I love chocolate, even if it doesn't come in a blingy package! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete