Graphic 45 is continuing the Place in Time calendar tutorial on the Graphic 45 Blog. Today is my day to present the May Page!
Just in case you miss a day or two during this amazing Place in Time tutorial series you can still find all the tutorials on one place! Each day Graphic 45 will add the tutorials to the Place in Time Calendar Tutorial Series category on their blog. That way you can find all the tutorials in one easy place!
In the USA, we celebrate Mother's Day on the second Sunday in May. I created a "pretty in purple" calendar page with room for journaling or for your favorite photo of mom.
To create this layout to fit onto the Graphic 45 12x12 Easel Album, follow the directions below
1. Trim the Place in Time May Foundation page close to the printed border. Once you have the page trimmed, it will be roughly 11 5/8 inches square. This makes the paper the perfect width, but it is just a tad too long. In order to accommodate the spiral binding you will need the paper to be only 11 3/8 inches long.
2. Cut the paper across the center at approximately 5 1/4 inches. Trim out a 1/2 inch piece of paper.
3. Slide the two halves of paper together to make the layout fit onto the Easel Album page. There will be a gap of approximately 1/8 inch.
4. Glue the small strip that you trimmed from the paper over the space on the album page. Make sure to line up the border along the edges. You need this strip in order to not have a gap in the page border.
5. To cover the seam, trim the floral strip from the reverse of a sheet of Place in Time May Cut-Aparts. Trim a bit off the ends so that the strip will fit within the Foundation page borders and glue it to the Foundation page.
6. Now, you have your Foundation page ready to decorate. Begin by trimming black cardstock to 4 x 10 5/8 inches. Use a border punch to decorate the right edge of the cardstock.
7. Trim the purple floral paper from the reverse side of the May Cut-Aparts and cut it to 3 1/2 x 10 1/2 inches. Glue the floral paper to the black cardstock and place the panel on the Foundation page as shown.
8. Decorate the top of the purple floral panel with banners die cut from May Cut-Aparts and March Cut-Aparts sheets. Then trim the butterfly postage stamp images from an 8x8 sheet of May Cut-Aparts and attach them to the banners with foam tape. Gently curl the edges of the banners.
9. Use Wisteria chalk ink to ink a white doily.
10. Trim the postcard image from the May Cut-Aparts sheet. (Please note that I used two sheets of the May Cut-Aparts paper for my project.) Ink the edges with Wisteria chalk ink and attach the postcard image to the layout as shown. Curl the edges. Attach a butterfly postage image from the 8x8 May Cut-Aparts to the postcard.
11. Trim black cardstock to 4 3/8 x 5 1/8. Trim Grammar School (An ABC Primer) paper to 3 1/4 x 5 and attach to the black cardstock. Add adhesive to only the top and bottom of the panel and glue to the layout. This will create side pockets for tags.
12. Using banner die cut templates, trim three banners from the reverse of May, March, and October Cut-Aparts. Tuck the banners under the journaling square/photo mat that you created above.
13. Trim a title from the Place in Time Sentiments paper and attach it to the top of the photo mat with foam tape.
14. Trim tags from the May Cut-Aparts sheet, add ribbon, and slip them into the pockets created by the photo mat.
15. Trim the May mini calendar from the Calendar Foundation sheet. Use number stickers to add the year. Use a brown journaling pen to write in the days of the month. Glue the tiny floral circle from the Place in Time Chipboard 1 set over the 12 on the calendar.
16. Ink the edges of the calendar with Wisteria chalk ink, curl the edges and place onto the foundation page in the lower left corner.
17. Add the purple postage stamp sticker from the Place in Time sticker sheet to the doily as shown.
18, Glue the floral tag from the Chipboard 1 set to the upper right corner of the foundation page. Add a butterfly postage image cut from the May 12x12 Cut-Aparts sheet. Using two lengths of purple ribbon, add a double bow to the top of the chipboard tag.
19. To make the bow, tie two bows and use fabric glue to glue them together. Tie a bit of twine to a decorative button and glue it to the top bow. Glue the bow to your tag.
Your layout is finished!
Add a photo or journaling to your page to create a lasting memory. The pullout tags allow for extra hidden journaling for your page.
Enjoy decorating your Easel Album for the other months.
Graphic 45 papers:
Place in Time: March Cut-Aparts, May Foundation, May Cut-Aparts, October Cut-Aparts, Calendar Foundation, Sentiments
An ABC Primer: Grammar School
Graphic 45 Stickers and Chipboard:
A Place in Time
Graphic 45 Staples:
12x12 Easel Album
Ink: Clearsnap Colorbox Wisteria Chalk Ink
Ribbon and twine: Really Reasonable Ribbon
Doily: Michael's Crafts
Die cuts: My Favorite Things Die-namics Fishtail Flag Stax
Tools: Spellbinders Grand Calibur; Bow Easy; EK Success border punch; hole punch
Adhesive: Scotch 3M tape; Beacon Fabri-tac; Heidi Swapp Scappy Glue; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L foam squares