Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Here Comes Spring - The Rubber Cafe

Good morning. Happy Tuesday! I am happy to share my second January Guest Designer project for The Rubber Cafe with you!


Today I am sharing two cards, using the Grater Floral (G-794) and Hand-picked Floral (H-975), that are perfect for getting you thinking of spring! 


First up is this bright and fun card using the Grater Floral stamp.


I used fresh and pretty papers for my card. I wanted to give you all that breath of spring since many of you are in the grip of winter and are probably longing for spring! (I am in San Diego, where it is always spring or summer! Hey! No throwing snowballs!)


I stamped the image onto white cardstock and colored it with Copic markers. I love the simple design of this set. I have a passion for wildflowers, preferring them to roses or other "fancy" flowers.


I finished off the inside of the card with a sentiment from the Fabulous Phrases (J-1095) stamp set.

For my second card, I used the Hand-picked Floral stamp.


 I used the same papers for another spring-themed card.  I love the pink on this one!


I colored the image with Copic markers.


I finished the inside again with the Fabulous Phrases stamps. 
I hope you enjoyed my post today! Thanks to The Rubber Cafe and DT member Karen for having me as a guest this month!

Thanks for looking!

The Rubber Cafe Stamps: Fabulous Phrases (J-1095), Grater Floral (G-794), Hand-picked Floral (H-975)
Spellbinders die templates: Stars Five, Labels Fourteen, Labels Ten
Cardstock: American Crafts Coffee, Stampin' Up! Whisper White
Designer paper: Jillibean Soup Southern Chicken Dumpling Soup, Homemade 6 Bean Soup, Blossom Soup
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa
Markers: Copic
Trims: Really Reasonable Ribbon
Buttons: Buttons Galore and More
Pearls: Doodlebug Designs mini pearls spring assortment, Want2Scrap
Adhesive: Scotch tape runner, Glue Dots adhesive dots, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L foam squares; Beacon Fabri-tac

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, Gloria! The springy colors are wonderful to see! Yes, it's rather wintery here right now. We have lots of new snow and they're saying tonight it will go down to -36 degrees Celcius. That's a little chilly! lol Have a great day!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I love the fresh colors...and the star "flower" totally rocks!

    ReplyDelete