Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge #71

It is time again for a Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge! The NEW Challenge is to make a project using sparkle and bling. Remember to also use ribbon!

If you read my blog on a regular basis, you know that I make a LOT of projects in the course of a month! Sometimes I get overwhelmed with the amount of product I have to work with, which can make picking product a bit difficult. {I know, tough life!}  There are times when I am lazy and just grab what is already out! This is one of those times. I taught a workshop recently and had a box of odds and ends from Graphic 45 A Ladies' Diary on the floor of my studio. I just poked around in there and came up with this tag.


I love vintage papers and I also love this Tim Holtz dress form die cut shape! I decided to create a birthday tag, with some sparkle and bling, and some ribbon! I used two different ribbons for the top of the tag: Rose Silk and Ivory Sheer Organza with Satin Center.

I added some bling to the bottom of the tag with rhinestones in a scallop shape. 


I used a bit of pleated ribbon to make a belt for my dress form. (Ivory Sheer Box Pleats) I added a sparkly button to the belt and also added a rhinestone to the neckline of the dress.


I gave each of the ladies in the "photo" a bit of bling at the waist. They are very sparkly! I altered cream flowers with some spray mists and Copic markers. I love all the colors and layers on this tag. All vintage, all the time! {grin} 

Thanks for looking! Visit the RRR Blog to see the other entries...and to enter your own project!


Cardstock: WorldWin Papers ColorMates Light Totally Tan
Designer paper: Graphic 45 A Ladies' Diary
Stamps: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Rich Cocoa; Clearsnap Colorbox Fluid Chalk Chestnut Roan, French Blue, Rose Coral
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Die cuts: Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations tag, sewing room, ticket strip
Bling: Want2Scrap, Teresa Collins
Button: unknown
Doily: Wilton
Chipboard: Grafix
Adhesive: Scotch 3M ATG; Beacon Fabri-tac; Aleene's Tacky Glue; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L foam squares


8 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful hugs Juls xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this amazing tag you created with your "scraps"!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just something you pulled out of a box, hey? Oh yeah, it looks like it...phffff. One of these days you'll surprise me and make something bad and then I'll gloat and feel better.

    This is just tooooo pretty!!! I'll privately send you my address, 'kay?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, just a little something you whipped up from scraps lying about on the floor! Guffaw! You truly are amazing, Gloria...the tag is sublime, and so many wonderful details. only you, my dear...only you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning Gloria :)

    Blessings, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I wish my scraps would come together like this.. Totally gorgeous tag!! ox Marg

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning tag! I love every detail you put into it.

    ReplyDelete