Wednesday, October 09, 2013

CropStop Guest Spot - Day 2

Welcome! It is my turn to share on the CropStop Blog again today. I am sharing more of the Couture Creations Dreamboat 3-in-1 sets today. This one is called Floral Wreath. Each set in the collection features one A2 (4.25 x 5.5 inches) embossing folder, matching cling stamps, and thin die templates.


This was such a beautiful set to work with. I ended up creating two cards - one with a masculine feel and one with a feminine feel.


I stamped the image with white ink, then heat-embossed with white embossing powder. Once the embossing was cool to the touch, I dry embossed the image with the matching embossing folder. (You can see I had a bit of trouble lining it up, but that just adds to the "charm"!) I fussy cut the bottom edge of the pattern, so I could add a bit of printed paper. 

I stamped the medallion image into the center, then die cut some of the matching shapes out of paper to add to the stamped shape. The "thanks" sentiment is also part of the set.


I used the same technique for this version, except I stamped with watermark ink and heat-embossed with Ranger Distress embossing powder for a more grungy look. Once I embossed withe the folder, I sanded some of the areas to reveal the lighter core of the paper. 

I die cut some printed paper for the center. I fussy-cut the bottom part of the embossed image and slipped the music note paper behind it. (The sentiment is NOT part of this set.)

I hope you get a chance to work with these fun products!

CropStop Products:
Couture Creations Oval Nesting Dies
Couture Creations Double Sided Foam Mounting Tape
Couture Creations Handheld Essentials tools
Couture Creations Precision Trimmer
Couture Creations Scissors - Pointed Stainless Steel
Ranger Distress Embossing Powder Vintage Photo
Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Wow Embossing Powder Opaque Bright White

Other Products:
Black gem: Want2Scrap
Black cardstock: WorldWin Papers
Tan cardstock: WorldWin Papers
Cream cardstock: WorldWin Papers
Gold cardstock: Core'dinations
Designer paper: Teresa Collins
Music paper: unknown
Sentiment stamp: Papertrey Ink

3 comments:

  1. The wow factor is off the charts on these very beautiful cards. Love the double embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW ... and WOW again!

    ReplyDelete