Monday, April 21, 2014

Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge #6

Hello and happy Monday! I hope everyone had a blessed Easter! This is my project for Challenge #6 at the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog! Remember, you have two weeks to play in the new challenge! Challenge closes May 4th at midnight PT.

Challenge #6 Sketch Challenge, with a Twist
Use the sketch below as inspiration for creating your project. You can modify the sketch to create a card, scrapbook layout, altered canvas, mini book cover, and so on. Now, for the TWIST! You must search your hoard and find one item that is OLD and one item that is NEW and use them BOTH on your project. Show us how you combine older items from your stash with something recently purchased.


Please note: you may change the elements of the sketch design. The flowers can become gears, stars, or a bow. The banners can become buttons or a folded edge. Please feel to rotate or flip the sketch. The sketch is just a guide to your creativity.

Yes, I sure love me a sketch! I love creating sketches to use, but I also love using sketches that I find on other sites. I created this sketch just for Craft Hoarders Anonymous. Here is my card.



First...my old items are my Spellbinders circle dies. They are SUPER old. I think they were my first ever Spellbinders purchase...back in 2008 or 2009! My new items are the Graphic 45 Botanical Tea papers and the Hampton Art/Graphic 45 Botanical Tea bird stamp. Soooo pretty! I am in love with blue and brown together, plus I sure love me a polka dot paper! I am so happy to find lots of new papers with polka dots!


I followed the sketch pretty well. I pulled the circle to the front, rather than keeping it in the background. My stamped images just did not work well as a square or rectangle. I added some pretty flowers, just like the sketch. Some of the flowers are old but the larger blue flower is new. I stamped another new stamp, the Hampton Art/Jillibean Soup Just a Note sentiment. Truth time, the sentiment stamp is about a year old, but I have only just inked it up!


Instead of banners at the top left corner, I created a paper bow. I know that I have oodles of ribbon in my hoard...but...I saw a technique for creating paper bows with the We R Memory Keepers Envelope punch board on Pinterest, and I had to try it out. It worked pretty well! It is really easy. You don't need the punch board, but it helps take all the guess work out of the process. I may try to do a tutorial on it, but if you cannot wait for me to get it in gear, just search on the technique on Pinterest or Google.


I love the blues of this paper. So soft and pretty. I also love the WorldWin Papers Smooth Natural cardtstock. It is so luscious!


And the inside. I used an older stamp from Hampton Art/Ki Memories. {I may have too many stamps....said no one ever!} I am a huge fan of Teddy Roosevelt, so I am happy to have stumbled across this Quote stamp in my stash! 

I hope you had fun today! Make sure you stop by the Hampton Art Website or Blog  or Facebook and tell them hello! They are our AMAZING sponsor for April! Thanks for looking! 

Challenge Rules are HERE. Make sure you LINK your project up using the Link Tool on the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog. PLEASE DO NOT LINK YOUR PROJECT TO MY SCRAPS OF LIFE BLOG! (Yes, that was shouting, sorry.)

Make sure you visit the Design Team and check out what they have to share!

Amber Milone

Christy Butters
Debbie Seyer
Donna Idlet
Ginny Nemchak
Glenda Brooks
Gloria Stengel - YOU ARE HERE
Jan Marie Ennenga
Karen Zueger
Pam Bray
Tammi Bennett


One talented participant will receive this prize, donated by Hampton ArtPlease note: since this is such a large prize, we will only pick one prize winner for April. We will choose from the entries to both April challenges. The winner will be announced May 7th.

Over $100 Value  - Product is NOT included

Hampton Art, founded in 1980 in picturesque Long Island, NY, has been inspiring stampers, crafters and papercraft enthusiasts for over 20 years. One of the earliest “art stamp” companies, Hampton has transformed over the years to become a complete provider of creative products such as stamps, inks, papers, kids crafts, stationery, scrapbooking supplies, and card making accessories for crafters of every age and skill level. We focus on working together with other companies through strong, personal relationships and licensing partnerships to consistently bring fun, inspiring products to market. We have a portfolio of brands including Hampton Art™, Studio G™, Diffusion, Ditto™, and our latest addition, Ki Memories®, acquired in 2012. Our products can be found via most national craft retailers at over 5000 stores across the US and Canada. We also ship to 20 different countries across the globe. Hampton was acquired by National Spinning Co, Inc. of Washington, NC, our current home, in 2008. For more information, visit our Website

Hampton Art Stamps:
Hampton Art/Ki Memories Celebrate Life
Hampton Art/Jillibean Soup Just a Note
Hampton Art/Graphic 45 Botanical Tea One

Cardstock: WorldWin Papers Original ColorMates Deep Creamy Cocoa, Smooth Natural

Printed paper: Graphic 45 Botanical Tea
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Rich Cocoa; Clearsnap Colorbox Chalk French Blue
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Die cut shapes: Spellbinders Nestabilities Circles; My Favorite Things Sentiment Strips
Tool: We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board
Adhesive: Scotch 3M ATG tape; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares; Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue

12 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely card! I will have to find that tutorial on the paper bow. It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color combination here is absolutely stunning! I love the simplicity of the stamped image...it really takes center stage. The paper bow is super fun, too. The inside is the perfect complement to the outside. You are so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blues and the brown you used here! Lovely stamped bird and where did you learn to do a paper ribbon? Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, I really love the paper box!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful design and the color combo is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these colors! What a gorgeous card ... great sketch, too. That paper bow is perfect. I bought the envelope punch board months ago, but haven't even opened it yet. Yes, my name is Pam and I am a scrapping hoarder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gloria, you card is beautiful, love the colors and that bird stamp is beautiful on the card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love the blue and brown mix but the ribbon…that really takes the cake.
    Love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Fabulous card. Love the polka dots, the sentiment, the flowers and the old world feel of this card. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Gloria! love the polka dots and the paper bow is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Gloria! love the polka dots and the paper bow is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is absolutely gorgeous! The blues and browns are so beautiful together. I really enjoyed using a sketch - How have I missed those all these years! Thank you for such inspiration.

    ReplyDelete