Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Country Birthday Gift Card Holder

Here is the third of four projects that I am sharing for Crafty Secrets in August. I made a mini album for my August Blog Linky Party project. (Click HERE to see it.) Last week, I made a large, country tag (click HERE), so today, I am sharing a gift card holder...in the same country-vintage style!


I found the wood-grain mini bags in my stash, and I knew I wanted to make a gift card holder with one of them. They are the PERFECT size (4 1/2 x 2 3/4 inches)! I rubbed the edges of the bag with Vintage Photo ink. 

I cut two scraps of background paper to create a decorative element on the bag. My background paper is Crafty Secrets digital paper, from the Patterns CD. I printed the chicken wire and the tablecloth check patterns at 8 x 8 inches onto off-white cardstock. I also rubbed the Vintage Photo ink onto the paper. I love the "aged" look. 



I stamped the chickens (from the Crafty Secrets Down on the Farm Stamp Set) onto a mini, kraft tag with black ink. I edged the tag with Vintage Photo distress ink. I added some canvas "ribbon" to the top of the tag. I attached the tag to the mini bag and then added a tiny clothes pin to the edge of the tag. 



I wrapped some cream lace around the bag and tag, and then I added some twine behind the bottle cap embellishment. The "milk-bottle cap" is an image that I punched from Farm Fresh Creative Scraps. I inked the edges and then glued the cap to a flattened bottle cap.  


I stamped the birthday sentiment (Crafty Secrets Farm Chicks Stamp Set) onto cream cardstock with black ink. I trimmed the sentiment with scissors and edged it with Vintage Photo ink. I used foam squares to pop the sentiment off the bag.

Tuck a gift card into the bag, and you have a sweet, country birthday gift!

Here is a peeky at the matching large tag.




Click HERE to see the full post for this tag.

I hope you enjoyed this Crafty Secrets post! Come back on August 29th for my next Crafty Secrets project! (And yes, it will be another matching project!)


Crafty Secrets products:
Creating with Vintage Patterns CD 1
Farm Fresh Creative Scraps
Down on the Farm Stamp Set
Farm Chicks Stamp Set

Other products:
Mini bag: Jillibean Soup
Tag: Recollections
Bottle cap: Bottle Cap Company
Mini clothes pin: Canvas Corp
Canvas Fringe: Canvas Corp
Lace: Really Reasonable Ribbon Jennifer Natural Crochet Lace
Twine: May Arts
Ink: Ranger Distress Vintage Photo; Memento Tuxedo Black
Circle punch: Stampin' Up
Adhesive: Scotch 3M ATG tape; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares; Aleene's Tacky Glue

4 comments:

  1. very nice and beautiful colors !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gloria, I love this! From the Fall leaf cluster to the cute little chickens, it is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gloria,
    Every time I visit your blog I fall in love with your work all over again! I love the farmhouse fresh feel of your gorgeous gift card holder. You have a magical gift of turning everything you touch into a work of art!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so clever and cute! Fantastic idea! Will need to make some for Christmas.

    Thanks for the inspiration and have a good Labor Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete