Thursday, August 27, 2015

Graphic 45 - A Christmas Carol, Part 2

Each July I wait with bated breath to see the new Graphic 45 Christmas Collection. They did not disappoint this year with the A Christmas Carol Collection, inspired by Charles Dickens' story! The vintage images come alive in vivid color! This collection is such a joy that I could make Christmas cards all year...if I had enough paper!


I created a 6" x 6" card, using the postage stamp images to mimic little windows into the past! I have to admit, when I work with vintage images and vintage-style products, I am transported to my happiest place, creatively speaking! Something about these old-fashioned images makes me sing with joy!


I added a flower cluster, along with a bell and a Shabby Chic Ornate Metal Key Hole. I also added a start wreath!

I confess that the ribbon matched better in my studio. When I took the photos it came out looking more teal than peacock! But, still...pretty-pretty! Each of the postage stamp images is popped up with foam squares. 


The inside is all decorated, too. The Graphic 45 designers usually get only the 12" x 12" paper in time for the CHA shows, so we have to make things spectacular without the added products, such as the stamps or chipboard. You all know, I'd have stamped something if I could have! 


I simply adore all the cut-apart images in the collection. I love tags, and this one is just so sweet! 


I can hear the jig playing in the background! (Or is it a reel?) 


Thanks for joining me in a summer-time Christmas party! I hope you are able to get your hands on this paper in time to make some Christmas cards!
Graphic 45 Supplies:
Christmas Carol Paper Collection:

Other Supplies:
Cardstock: WorldWin Papers
Ink: Ranger Distress Vintage Photo, Colorbox Clearsnap Pigment Frost White
Flowers and Leaves: Wild Orchid Crafts, Petaloo
Berries and Bell: craft supply
Trinket pins: Maya Road
Gems: Recollections
Die cut: Memory Box Starry Wreath
Border punch: Fiskars
Adhesive: Scotch 3M ATG tape, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L foam squares, Aleene's Tacky Glue, hot glue

3 comments:

  1. As usual Gloria your card is amazing. You are one of my all time favorite card makers. I always look forward to your beautiful designs. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Christmas card , loving the inside too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards. Gloria, you have really inspired me to use Graphic 45 papers for projects. Thanks for all your time that you spend making projects and cards.

    ReplyDelete