Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Guest Post for Maya Road

If you are looking for the CutCardStock DIY Bride tutorial, please click HERE.

Good morning, Blogger Peeps! I am super excited to be the October Guest Designer for Maya Road! I have been a huge fan of their products for a very long time! I got grungy and creative with the goodies they sent me to work with...and made a fun Halloween card!
I used one of the Kraft 5" Square Note Envelopes on the front of the card. You can slip a gift card or treat right into the envelope! (Sadly, I could not find any chocolate bars to put in my envelope!)

I attached the envelope with the flap open to the front of a 5 1/4" x 6" top-fold card. The color inspiration from the card came from the Plum Purple Vintage Crafting Tassel!
I decided to alter some items to match my theme. That's the fun part about Maya Road products...they can be altered to fit your project! I sprayed the Cloud Vintage Lace Mini Mum with glitter mist and then rubbed the edges with a bit of black ink. What was a white flower is now a grungy, purple flower!
The Ornate Resin Frame was originally cream, but I "colorized" it with a dark gray Copic marker! Now, it is a spooky embellishment, perfect for my card. I spelled out my little message using Jonathan mini chipboard letters, also colored with a marker.

Thanks for stopping by today. Join me again on Friday for a sweet Christmas project!




Maya Road Supplies:
Crystal Trinket Pins - retired
 Jonathan Mini Alphabet Chipboard Set - retired

Other:
Cardstock: CutCardStock Basis Black, Basis Natural
Printed paper: Echo Park Hocus Pocus, Graphic 45 Rare Oddities
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon Double-faced Satin  Hyacinth
Border punch: Martha Stewart Dripping Goo
Spray mist: Art Anthology Wild Orchid
Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares, ATG tape, white glue, hot glue

No comments:

Post a Comment